hybrid splitter test photo

check it out!

1.jpg
597 x 800 - 123K
Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 2013

Hey Nake, that looks like the ORIGINAL 4x3x3 Torpedo Tee invented by you! Take a look at the next generation...

SAM_9306.JPG
    512 x 384 - 50K
  • I like it... is the 4x3x2 going the have the thermo option as well? or as a std?

• That's cool.thermowell

• Nice looking rig Nake. Like the flag too ;)

Lead, follow, or get the f**k out of the way!

• edited May 2013

@FullySilenced said: I like it... is the 4x3x2 going the have the thermo option as well? or as a std?

I think you mean the 4x2x2 Torpedo Tee? A few of those are being made right now. To start with, we selected 10 of our most popular fittings and ordered 30 of each to have the thermowell added. For the price of the fitting plus $20 USD you get the thermowell welded in, a packet of thermogrease and the cheapo digital thermometer. I expect these will be popular. They should arrive in USA in about 7 or 8 weeks.

Thanks again to Nake for suggesting this fitting.

4x3x3_thermofitting.jpg
    600 x 800 - 71K
  • I have a thermo well fitted to the 4-2" reducer which sits above my deflag wouldnt have it any other way

• edited May 2013

The benefit of the temp probe below the dephleg is particularly more useful to the operators running an open flame. Once temps stabilize below the depheleg then the system is equalized. Applying 100% reflux beyond that point may represent nothing more than wasted fuel. That could mean an annual cost savings of who knows how much simply by recognizing best when to start collection rather than refluxing for the additional 10 or 20 un-needed minutes.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• are the thermoweld sockets going to be available for those of us who want to solder a few in ourselves?

• @Smaug said: The benefit of the temp probe below the dephleg is particularly more useful to the operators running an open flame. Once temps stabilize below the depheleg then the system is equalized. Applying 100% reflux beyond that point may represent nothing more than wasted fuel. That could mean an annual cost savings of who knows how much simply by recognizing best when to start collection rather than refluxing for the additional 10 or 20 un-needed minutes.

That is how my copper column is setup. I have probes for top of column under dephlamator, top of dephlamator and exit water temp. Each gives me unique information, and as Smaug has said, the top of column one keeps an eye on stabilization for me. Tells me when i can start drawing off and what effect the flow of vapour is having once i do start.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited May 2013

Temp probes at the top 3 (or so plates) would really offer up a precise plan for running a given system for optimal purity. During 100% reflux mode an operator could very easily determine how well each plate/ bath has been enriched by the reflux period.Then,, if the operator (thinking of Bent's data log) could closely match and stabilize vapor temps on say the 3 top plates to match the head temp of a 6 or 8 plated system,,,,I would think that the operator would be collecting very optimally at that point? A really good option especially for our clients using StillDragon equipment within their classrooms/teaching environments (we have several).

• @FullySilenced said: are the thermoweld sockets going to be available for those of us who want to solder a few in ourselves?

Yes. They will be available for the DIYers. A few have already been sent to the US by express and should arrive in about 1 week. $3 each

• Hey Smaug, when you get the thermowells in pleas let me know.

• Sawman, I will post on the SD USA bulletin board when they arrive. I do now have some thermo wells if your want to do your own however.

• edited June 2013

Finally, a 4"x 3" Torpedo Tee. I suggested one just under a year ago for my VM hybrid <:-P

• edited May 2013

They've been in stock for a couple of months now. Thank you for the suggestion. We do our best to listen to customers feedback and develop new products from there rather than just copy others. It's not always the easiest, quickest or most expedient process, but our quality control direct from the factories means that we can offer the best products out there at the best prices. Most of our products come down in price after tooling and mold costs are taken out of the equation over a couple of years.

The rest can only imitate, thanks to Fester, Tan, LoO and Larry and you the customers.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited June 2013

@highball said: Finally, a 4"x 3" Torpedo Tee. I suggested one just under a year ago for my VM hybrid <:-P

I followed the link and you are correct, Highball. Your suggestion got by me. :\">

Nake suggested it and, well, mabe it takes two times before it sinks in?

The fitting makes a lot of sense. In fact, a 6x4x3 Torpedo Tee is also being produced because LOO just HAD to have one.

• @Lloyd said: The fitting makes a lot of sense. In fact, a 6x4x3 Torpedo Tee is also being produced because LOO just HAD to have one.

I do have one in stock FYI

• one what Larry? the 4x3 torpedo? with thermocouple?

• No FS, that one went out already. I have a 6 x 4 x 3 Torpedo Top