StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Introducing the NEW +++ ProCap36 +++ Product Line-Up!

StillDragon is proud to announce the new StillDragon ProCap36 (patent pending)

After more than eight months of prototype testing, design and development and a large R&D expense, StillDragon has turned a wild idea into a wild reality. Now you can have almost 100% of your plate area an active interface instead of the 70% that's considered usual with bubble plates. Plates that are unfloodable at up to twice the vapor/reflux input rate!

StillDragon ProCap36 Bubble Plates Parts

Some features include:

• An advanced design that allows every bubble cap to drain more liquid from the plate than it can produce
  • Prevents plate flooding and allows for faster vapor speeds and increased takeoff rates
  • Increases the active area of the plate by eliminating the need for a dedicated downcomer
  • Enhanced collection speeds that are comparable to the larger diameter systems
  • Increased ease at which the system can be brought to equalization during the reflux period
  • Ability to pinpoint where the reflux lands on the plate below

StillDragon 5" Crystal Dragon with ProCap36 Bubble Plates (view from above)

StillDragon 5" Crystal Dragon with ProCap36 Bubble Plates (view from below)

Available now in all the Pro size columns from 5" and up.
Shown below are the new 5", 6" and 8" ProCap36 bubble plates.

StillDragon ProCap36 Bubble Plates

The StillDragon 5" Crystal Dragon Pro series...

StillDragon 5" Crystal Dragon with ProCap36 Bubble Plates

StillDragon - 5" Crystal Dragon with NEW ProCap36 + Flow Director Bubble Plates Demo Run

Watch @Lloyd's Demo Run of a StillDragon 5" Crystal Dragon with the NEW ProCap36 + Flow Director Bubble Plates!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty6eY9VUIgI

StillDragon - ProCap36 Adjustable Downcomer Add-On Demo Run

Watch @Lloyd's Demo of the NEW Adjustable Downcomer Add-On for the ProCap36!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tPdGR8k6Fs

stilldragon_procap36_bubble_plate_parts.jpg
800 x 600 - 61K
stilldragon_5_inch_crystal_dragon_with_procap36_bubble_plates_from above.jpg
600 x 800 - 73K
stilldragon_5_inch_crystal_dragon_with_procap36_bubble_plates_from below.jpg
600 x 800 - 71K
stilldragon_procap36_bubble_plates.jpg
800 x 600 - 60K
stilldragon_5_inch_crystal_dragon_with_procap36_bubble_plates.jpg
600 x 738 - 43K

Comments

• edited June 2014

StillDragon 5" Dash 1 with ProCap36 Bubble Plates

StillDragon 5" Dash 1 Pro Model with ProCap36 Bubble Plates & 3" Product Shotgun

StillDragon 5" Dash 2 with ProCap36 Bubble Plates

stilldragon_5_inch_dash_1.jpg
    600 x 879 - 53K
    stilldragon_5_inch_dash_1_promodel.jpg
    600 x 721 - 51K
    stilldragon_5_inch_dash_2.jpg
    600 x 1240 - 91K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• ProCaps scheduled to arrive in the USA within days.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Available in Australia now.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Whole new level! That's the most advanced cap design I've ever seen, more so than anything available on a larger commercial scale or even industrial. Everything else is downright crude in comparison!

Joining the release from 30,000 ft somewhere south of Denver.

• edited June 2014

Ok, that's just sick. I'd love to see a video of these in action.

My favorite parts:

1. Integrated downcomers
    2. The reflux directors
    3. That it's only available for 5" plus so I don't have to upgrade my Dash 2.

Love that SD will not stop improving.

• Didn't take me long to see how it works... looks good to me... congrats and where is the video of it working LOL :ar!

• YouTube video will be linked here in a few hours.

• VIDEO PLEASE! [-O<

• In essence, each bubble cap has its own corresponding downcomer. The liquid bed can remain at steady state even when throwing an inordinate amount of heat at the boiler.

• @Smaug I do not see pricing yet... :-c

• Its on it's way Wally. Thanks

• 4 of the Pro caps fit in 4" bubble Tee as well? How many would fit in a 3" tube... 3 of them snuggled up? Roughly what are the diameters of the bubble cap portion?

• Wait till you guys see the adjustable plate fluid level extensions! Want a two inch deep fluid bath? Why not?

We believe this is a world first, hence the patent. It's going to change the way bubblestills operate.

The vidoes are even more impressive for the fact they are shot in the Crystal Dragon version. Absolutely stunning.

Gamechanger, gents.

• @FullySilenced said: 4 of the Pro caps fit in 4" bubble Tee as well? How many would fit in a 3" tube... 3 of them snuggled up? Roughly what are the diameters of the bubble cap portion?

It really looks like 4 could squeeze into a 4". But if they say no, I have no required upgrade... Can't afford 6 new plates at the moment.

• The caps will be available for a 4" (3 per plate) but as stated elsewhere, they will not suit everyone. They are more expensive and to get the benefit from them you will need to throw a stack of power at them to achieve the output quantities that are available with these caps.

This means that a larger boiler is required to hold enough alcohol to feed these insatiable buggers.

• Any thoughts on mixing these up with the current caps/downcomers?

• I would bet different hole sizes in the plates ...

• We're working up instead of down as these were designed for larger column stills.
    Plans are in the works to offer a 4" ProPlate solution but not just yet - 3 ProCaps per plate.
    ProCap36 means the crown of the cap is 36mm OD.
    In development is the apartment sized still with a single ProCap in a 2.5" Crystal Dragon. Mama going to like that.

• This is righteous..... I cant wait to see some video!

• @punkin said: ... to get the benefit from them you will need to throw a stack of power at them to achieve the output quantities that are available with these caps.

I've got the power!! (He-Man anyone?)

How's 11kw into a 50l keg? Yeah, I over built the control panel a bit... Future proofing (pun intended).

Wait until Christmas on the 4". I'll need the speed increase at that point as Jr#2 will be around by then. The goal is fit a spirit run in after dinner, before bed. So 3 hours (after heat up).

• edited June 2014

Yes, that will work. These things come standard with a super condensor. We do not have a regular condensor for them.

stilldragon_5_inch_dephlegmator.jpg
    800 x 600 - 46K

• How about a 26 gallon boiler with 16500 watts. Think that will run the 5" ?

• All show offs. I thought I had it good with 7.2kw.

• i have 8kw on 15.5 gals ... its a rocket to run...

• @Chalmer said: How about a 26 gallon boiler with 16500 watts. Think that will run the 5" ?

The 5" would be very comfortable on that setup. All I can throw at mine is 7.2Kw, if I had more I'd use more for the boil up. During the hearts I tend to apply about 6Kw and it gives me the product that I savor. If it was going directly into an oak barrel for a few years I'd probably step it up to 8 to 10L per hour.

• Semi-release of the 12in Crystal Dragon stills..... parts on order now! taking pre-orders!

stilldragon_12_inch_crystal_dragon.jpg
    800 x 603 - 33K
  • @FullySilenced said: I would bet different hole sizes in the plates ...

Good point. Are the hole sizes the same between the new and old caps?

• No, they do not retro fit

• New is bigger or smaller?