Access our Forum from your Mobile Phone!

Have you ever tried to access our forum from your mobile phone?

It's pretty nifty, it determines which version (full or mobile) is shown by analyzing the user agent sent by the browser. That way on a tablet (like the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 10.1 I have here) the full version is shown (although the display has quite a low resolution, it's rather large with 10.1") whereas on my mobile phone (a LG G2, which has a higher resolution but smaller screen) I get the mobile version.

The mobile template is a fluid version of our site which scales down to 320x200 (the lowest acceptable resolution for mobile browsing) just nicely, there is no side panel, just the recent discussions view, ideal to keep you updated on our latest postings when on the go!

I intentionally have left the mobile view in a different color scheme (blue) to differentiate it from the full version, and there is a link at the bottom to be able to switch between the mobile and full version (that link is only visible if using a mobile phone).

Have fun! :)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

Comments

• I think the issue I had was posting pics from a galaxy S5 was that the pics were rotated incorrectly..

• @CothermanDistilling said: I think the issue I had was posting pics from a galaxy S5 was that the pics were rotated incorrectly..

That has nothing to do with the mobile view of our forum, but with EXIF data telling that the picture has been shot with a different orientation. It happens when you post such a picture using the regular forum view as well. I always take care of such a problem when I pass by, so you can just leave a pic with wrong orientation in place.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• All for the better good! :-bd

• Did you consider throwing a script that forum can be viewed using Tapatalk?

• @Pretender said: Did you consider throwing a script that forum can be viewed using Tapatalk?

I already have taken a look at their plugin, but unfortunately it's a pretty crappy piece of code which does not even run with the latest stable forum software version we are using here.

I've posted some comments to their forum, where others also already had put their displeasure, but as it seems to me Tapatalk's high has passed with fluid mobile forum templates being available nowadays.

I'm willing to try if they come up with an updated plugin, but honestly I'm a huge fan our our mobile template as it's so easy to use without the need of having to install an extra app (which comes with ads in the free and paid version).