StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

STC-1000 Temp Controller

thought i would share this build so we have it on file here .

this is a very handy bit of gear, I use it all the time for controlling my ferment temps and i also use it for contolling mash temps with my HERMs system.

It can be bought on fleabay for about $20 .. be sure to check for the correct voltage for your region either 110/240

the other things you will need is

• a project box
  • 1-1/2 extension cords
  • couple of cable ties
  • terminal block
  • box of tongue terminals

soldering your wires will make it a lot more tidy

its an easy build and it should only take an hour or two once you have all the parts

its simple to use and adjust the temps

STC-1000-Wiring-Diag.jpg
300 x 230 - 13K
pdf
pdf
STC-1000 operating manual.pdf
stc-1.jpg
425 x 319 - 57K
stc-2.jpg
425 x 319 - 62K
stc-3.jpg
425 x 567 - 96K
stc-4.jpg
425 x 567 - 69K
stc-5.jpg
283 x 378 - 47K
stc-6.jpg
425 x 319 - 51K
stc-7.jpg
425 x 319 - 45K
stc-8.jpg
425 x 319 - 35K
Tagged:

Comments

• Bookmarked coop, thanks!

It is what you make it!

• hey Ben im not a sparkys %$#&^@hole but this one is an easy build mate

• edited February 2014

Nice tutorial Coops, thank you. I put one together last Tuesday to run my electric blanket round the fermentors now the weather has started to cool. It was an easy build, although i used only 3 joiners and joined the wires together in each one rather than have the extra loops you've shown and that allowed me to use a smaller box.

I used this picture from AHB..

And ended up with this..

stc1000_6.jpg
    800 x 600 - 66K
    stc10001.jpg
    800 x 600 - 55K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• awesome, i'm waiting on mine from ebay purchase to come

• Nice work punkin I wanted to make mine as small as possible but it was still tight with the terminal block

• I cut my teminal block into singles mate. that helped.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Hey Coop,or others in the know,I see you are using both heat and cooling circuits(first schematic),are these both used as a heat circuit,curious as I run 2 fermenters,is it possible to do this on one STC? I assume not as there is only one probe connection.

If I think right,heat circuit goes to a belt,blanket,pad or other heat source,what does the cool circuit run?

Thanks ahead of time :-c

It is what you make it!

• Benno I use an electric blanket and the other connection is the deep freeze the stc is used for one cooling and one heating unit but you don't have to use both you can just set the temp of one to use and set the other one below the first set parameter so it doesn't get activated

• Got it, thanks no need for cooling at this time, need the heat! it is most June and temps at night are still getting down to freezing so ferments are getting to chilled,to warm during the day to start wood stove or run furnace,so it a rollercoaster of temps where the fermenters are located,have to love our weather,if you dont like it, wait 5 mins and it will change!

It is what you make it!

• Bumping an oldie but goodie thread. This is such a sweet build for so many applications.

• Hey coop. Do you use the thermal sensors that came with it for mashing?

I was kinda leary of using them.

• A lot of the beer guys do. They are waterproof.

• Yeah mate I do they are water proof but I have been using mine inside a thermowell I wouldn't see any problem having them submerged during a mash ;)

• This is a great little controller for this purpose.