StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Element Guards

2»

Comments

• Good info myles this will help the UK crew by the looks

• I have been 'toying' with this idea for awhile.

Not sure if I should spend more time harassing Lloyd about it.

All parts are rated to 250Vac and 20 amps, should be great for a 4800W element.

IEC - Element guard kit with element.JPG
    747 x 560 - 32K
    IEC1.JPG
    800 x 600 - 43K
    IEC2.jpg
    300 x 300 - 16K
    IEC3.jpg
    600 x 368 - 19K
    PDF
    PDF
    IEC - Element guard kit with element.PDF
  • LOO... It looks good. But if you give Lloyd another project before he gets to go on Vacation I think his lady will hunt you down and kill you.... LOL.

• Maybe an issue at the commercial level here on the states Often the local AHJ will require a hard wire for the larger voltage

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• the 20A C19/C20 connectors will not be code for a 5500W element, but I bought some to try a while back anyway... a L6-30 is common on the brewery tanks around here that have 3 6000W elements. I went L6-20 for now, I do not plug in with the circuit energized, and will get L6-30 as the come available cheap on ebay for when I have to go code(or wi will get 3800W elements ;-) ... L6-20 HP power cords are super cheap, search 8120-6903 on ebay...

• edited September 2013

I use Switchcraft HPC connectors to connect my elements to my electrical control pannel (made from : www.electricbrewery.com) I have two elements. I have two cables with HPCC4F (male) on each end. I have HPCI4F (Female) in line connector on a 3" long cable comming of out the SD element guard. I have HPCP41F in my pannel.

Neither male nor female has exposed connections. Wires are connected with Faston (0.250") connectors.

Not to code but definetely cheap (5$ per connector from mouser) and works fine (I never felt any heating in the connectors).

Connectors are designed for audio but rated to 50A. I have not found a clear statement on weather these are suitable for elements not.

Switchcraft HPC Cable Mount

Switchcraft's plug and outlet option @ HomeBrewTalk