StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Gear SOON !!!!

Comments

• @punkin said: I'll look after you when you want it, don't worry. I don't pay much attention to what the others are doing. Wonder where they got the idea for the packed section package? :))

From day one he never could comb his own hair with out looking at some one else's reflection. And it's only going to get worse.........his hair,,not the reflection.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• You know in Saudi Arabia they cut the hands off thieves.

• Wish I was stilling right now

• I think we all wish you were stilling right now mate. It's been a long wait.

• Not me. Done with stilling for at least a week (and could go longer by dipping into the stock piles of reserve booze aging on charred oak).

Gotta go to Hong Kong in a couple of days to get my visa stamps so I can stay in China and from where I'm at it takes two days of rush and wait to get it all done. Got lots of drinking stock built up and dead easy to produce much more with my 5" Dash set up and ready to rock.

Feeling like Fat Elvis during the high times. Is that a bad thing?

• Its ok I guess was domestic today

Now 4 pints down of homebrewed beer about to head out to see some ladys

• Tracking still hasn't been updated, sunday I spent all day in bed :s

More from the lack of sleep then anything, I forgot how much I can drink and not be relaxed/drunk

Wasn't to impressed with the other people at the bars however ha

• My "Stainless fittings" are out for delivery this morning as of 8:30am so hopefully when I pop home for lunch I will have a package :D

• edited May 2014

Gday mate, not sure of you get down to Melbourne much, but I use these suppliers for mainly molasses and yeast, good prices and good gear. I'm not affiliated with them, just found them online and there only minutes from my house, bonus!. Merchant Australia, 24 westgate drive Altona north. 99316666. 14kg Bundy refinery molasses, $19 500g fermex dry bakers yeast $2.70 They have large bags of sugars and frozen fruits for macerating ect too. There pretty much a bakery supply joint so have got a good variety of everything!. Also the stock feed joint at Flemington has 25kg mollasses for $26, it's pretty good stuff too, for stock grade!. I know a few out your way that say the molasses out there is crap, they have trouble with there rums!. Good luck.

• @googe said: Gday mate, not sure of you get down to Melbourne much, but I use these suppliers for mainly molasses and yeast, good prices and good gear. I'm not affiliated with them, just found them online and there only minutes from my house, bonus!. Merchant Australia, 24 westgate drive Altona north. 99316666. 14kg Bundy refinery molasses, $19 500g fermex dry bakers yeast $2.70 They have large bags of sugars and frozen fruits for macerating ect too. There pretty much a bakery supply joint so have got a good variety of everything!. Also the stock feed joint at Flemington has 25kg mollasses for $26, it's pretty good stuff too, for stock grade!. I know a few out your way that say the molasses out there is crap, they have trouble with there rums!. Good luck.

Cheers for that is very helpful, might have to make a trip out when I get the new bike :p

• So much for monday morning delivery im home for lunch and nothing has arrived yet

• so this is the current status

"Held Awaiting Correct Address. Follow Up Actions Underway. "

No one rang me ffs I mean they have my contact details so its not that hard

Just rang TNT and they said they couldn't find my address so I gave them directions and said to ring me if any problems come up

Clearly I have no luck with courier's hoping the package has leave without signature on it as I won't be home until 5ish

Told them over the phone they could leave it but they are being difficult and saying I need to print out a form etc which I can't do because I'm not at work

I've had delivery's here before so I don't get wtf the issue is, I mean granted I am on a service road but still its common sense

BETTER GET DELIVERED TODAY OR I WILL GIVE THE COURIERS A PIECE OF MY MIND

They just rang me back and said they will keep me updated so will see what happens

• It's marked on the connote and the box to leave at the back door if unattended. Is the addy on the connote in your notifications the right one?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: It's marked on the connote and the box to leave at the back door if unattended. Is the addy on the connote in your notifications the right one?

Yip address is all correct I've checked it multiple times :p

The driver seems to have just not had a clue how to get to my house :s

And I thought you would have marked to leave it but I'm paranoid haha

• So the tracking claims it was delivered at 255pm so will confirm when I get home :)

Cant wait :p will post pics once its set up

• Someone's having fun

• edited May 2014

TNT really banged the box up, however @punkin really packed the whole setup well :)

Also dented the bottom but all is good

Set up

Left overs

So current list of fuck ups

Chipped the outer edges of my sight glasses seem to have sealed but I haven't done a cleaning run yet so will see how it goes

Plates look cool though :P

Cut my finger up while striping the outer jacket of my 4mm wire :S

Ignore the packaging its all cleaned up now

Discovered I brought the wrong crimps to wire the mains plug up and then screwed the plug trying to make the ones I had fit

Decided to butcher a extension cable I had and then realized I couldn't confirm what was + - or earth also remembered that its only rated at 2400W (I have a 4800w element) decided not to risk burning my house down or electrocuting myself.

So will buy new crimps and a plug to suit tomorrow along with an adjustable spanner

Didn't buy an adapter to hook my garden hose up to the cooling lines (or an adjustable spanner to tighten them) so couldn't check the lines don't leak (or tighten them more)

Filled the boiler up to over the element (water) and it doesn't leak so that is a win

Discovered its a little short (needs more plates and a packed section :p) am using my TV cabinet until I buy a TV / find a better solution

Going to eat now as Ive lost some blood

Will post more tomorrow

1.jpg
    450 x 800 - 43K
    2.jpg
    450 x 800 - 48K
    3.jpg
    800 x 450 - 52K
    4.jpg
    450 x 800 - 33K
    5.jpg
    450 x 800 - 52K
    6.jpg
    800 x 450 - 47K
    7.jpg
    450 x 800 - 40K
    8.jpg
    800 x 450 - 43K
    9.jpg
    450 x 800 - 41K
    10.jpg
    450 x 800 - 52K
    11.jpg
    450 x 800 - 45K
    12.jpg
    450 x 800 - 38K
  • Fuck me did they kick that box all the way from punkin to you? You're not having much luck @Clickeral. I think from now on you should you only play with plastic round nose scissors.

• Yeah I also double checked the Claimed 20amp plug I have and the wiring is just 1.5mm so its ok for about 10amp :s

So I have emailed @punkin asking about a 2400Watt element as I should just run that without the controller to be safe

I could wire up the 4800Watt element with 4mm wiring to the power controller and wire up a 20Amp plug then turn the controller right down so it doesn't draw as much

But I am worried the house wiring will either

Heat up and burn the house down or trip the fuse

Serves me right for not checking things out fully :s

• Nice to see you finally have her mate. TNT are very shit I hate having things sent by them. The site of that box was not suprize

• edited May 2014

It was a surprise to me and i apologise for the damage. I will not use the boilers for containers for parts again. I was real careful to line the bottom with hardy stuff so the condensor wouldn't dent it too.

I know how i sent an extra 4"clamp, but buggered if i know how i sent 3 x 2"clamps too many. I'll chuck a post bag in with your element if you are happy to send them back for the next person. I'll put another spare lens in there as well.

The gaskets are all purposeful spares and sent with all complete units.

It's amazing how little pressure you need to seal the lenses on the clamps style. Please only just take up the slack and then 1/4 turn at the most. If they are too tight they will crack at heat up. A user problem the SGK's solved.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Same issues here more or less.

The insurance is to protect against those charged with delivery.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• She looks the goods mate! I know in the excitement of waiting for your new toy you can push things and then once you have it you gotta wait to run it anyway

Hopefully you get sorted by the weekend so you can do all your runs

• how dose that work. Punkin sends me something packed in a box I open it and its fucked did I not just sine for the parcel. By seining do I not agree that its all in good condition.??

• In this instance no one signed in don't believe

But if you have an issue, Punkin will fix it quick smart. He's good like that

• Oh I have no issue with the gear I had arrive and was pretty happy with how it was packed just TNT are rough guys, the boiler dent honestly doesn't bother me as its on the bottom

@Punkin no worries happy to send the clamps I don't need back, pretty sure I used all the ones I needed to but ill put everyting togeather tonight and make sure I am not missing any :)

Was going to email you last night and ask if you wanted them back but I got distracted by the element

I chipped 2 of the sight glasses but I'm pretty sure they are sealed, a spare will be usefull :)

Finishing work at 4 today but im at work now lol

Trying to remember the little bit of sparky training I had back in 08 (I had my ticket and then never used it lol)

• edited May 2014

Trying to remember the little bit of sparky training I had back in 08 (I had my ticket and then never used it lol)

imageimage

canthearyou2.jpg
    208 x 243 - 8K
    canthear1.jpg
    290 x 174 - 10K

• must be knock off time hey bet your busting to get home