StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Gear SOON !!!!

Comments

• Is it bad that Im looking into hip flasks again (I have one but want another) because I know when I go out I won't want to drink commercial liquor

• Bad? Strong word really. Naughty? yes >:)

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Hmmm...Modular hip flask with see-thru panel? ;)

• Paying for my still on Wednesday, hoping it'll arrive around the 21-23rd :P

• Makers mark style CFW is at 1002 atm, I just wish the TPW would finish and then I can put another one on :s

Need to get another 2 heater belts to keep constant temp as they are dropping down to 16C at times

• Old fucked fridges are grate for that if you got the room just set yoor heater belt to about the highest temp of the day in the cooler months and you will be set. I use a old heat cord and a temp thermistat from when I use to keep reptiles in a old fridge.

• So the cider I made to use for brandy (I used EC1118 this time) smells of sulfur/rotten eggs

Think its from the yeast residue in the bottom as I racked it into bottles at 1002 just took a gravity ready and its at 990, pretty sure itll come out of the still fine

If not Ill keep running it until I have no taste left :o

• About 9 days left till I hopefully get my gear :) just have to pay Wednesday and wait for Punkin to get back from Thailand :p

Have a bar crawl on the 31st that I want to have a few pre drinks before, I have homebrew beer and cider but Id like some Panty dropper (from the brandy) Lemoncello and apple pie (from the neutral) I should have some white CFW and modified CFW but want to put that on oak

Not sure if I am brave enough to have to much of the weetbix vodka before hand haha

• edited May 2014

Got the Modified CFW at a gravity reading of 1000 SG of 1050 so its about 6.7% Hoping it'll drop to 990, its already starting to clear :)

Currently deciding when to buy herbs to make Ouzo, Absinth, (more then one jar of apple pie)

Still need to buy some apples, I do have raspberries and blueberries now though :)

• Waiting for Punkin to get back from Thailand lol trying to be patient :p

• Be home Tuesday morning, worse luck. I could settle in for 3 months here pretty easily. :)>-

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: Be home Tuesday morning, worse luck. I could settle in for 3 months here pretty easily. :)>-

Guessing you got my Emails :p

I am getting excited :D

• So I got 15-18L out of the 30L modified CFW the ingredients take alot up put a 2nd one on (the cereal is now in a BIAB) hope its done by next weekend so I can do 30L in my still of it :S

3rd tpw is on

• Really looking forward to having the still arrive, guessing it'll take me a night to wire it up and then a few hours to clean

Want to do a full day of runs Saturday and then get the PD and apple pie going Sunday

Sooner I have CFW etc on oak the sooner I can drink it

• One of the biggest annoyances I have in this country is the fact couriers don't follow instructions.

My 48 pint jars and 48 quart jars got taken to the farking post office rather then left at my house as per my instructions

Given I haven't brought a car yet and im more looking at getting another motorbike picking up 4 heavy boxes that is 30mins round trip from my house is difficult.

IF I WANTED THINGS DELIVERED TO THE POST OFFICE THAT WOULD BE THE ADDRESS I PUT DOWN

End rant

• All good mate, it,ll be shipping tnt, they,re pretty good at that stuff.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: All good mate, it,ll be shipping tnt, they,re pretty good at that stuff

The stupid thing is I work in the supply chain and logistics feild, I've even worked as a couier before I know its not that hard.

Also the fact I use all the transport companies to some extent via work its vexing

• @punkin said: No worries mate, TNT give live email updates. Packing it now, will ship today. It may be Friday by the time it's delivered. I'm out of DIY controller kits and i'm just making another 50 up now so you'll have something to do on Friday night :)>-

Yeah Friday will be a late night I think :p want to get my cleaning runs etc done so its ready to go saturday morning

I need to strip 52.5L of TPW and then do a spirits run though to get my neutral so thats 3 runs

Need to do one run of apple brandy

The CFW is at 1010 atm so if it hits 1000 Ill run it (not sure how much I get out of the fermenter with the cornflakes in there) Hoping for 25L at least

Modified CFW im waiting on the 2nd one to finish fermenting

Sunday I want to get some apple pie etc on for next weekend

• Tnt just emailed me saying Punkins brew has booked a pickup for some stainless fittings

Wonder what that is :p

• Hmm estimated delivery Monday 26th :S

Was hoping for it by Friday at the latest

• Patience. AND RIGHT NOW, TOO! :))

• You'll get it this week i bet.

• Fingers crossed

My jars are arriving tomorrow finally

• So TNT says its still in transit and is in Tamworth depot, been there since 5pm yesterday

It's only a 14hr drive so it should be here tomorrow (today would have been acheiveable)

I hate being patient sometimes

• edited May 2014

Jars are here, have just filled 12 up with boiling water to sterilize and chucked the lids on, will empty them into my boiler when it arrives for my cleaning run

They have a slight smell atm so if that doesn't do it I will break out the sterilizing powder I have

clickeral.jpg
    800 x 600 - 59K
  • exciting times mate!

• Looks like I am not getting delivery until monday :( never mind guess ill clean jars

• Apologies again. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. It's a VERY nice unit. :)>-

• @punkin said: Apologies again. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. It's a VERY nice unit. :)>-

Hey its not your fault :) I understand how these things are

Ill need to talk with you about a packed section and two more complete bubble tees next month

Also 5 star is beating your price on a packed section :P (its just on their store front)

• I'll look after you when you want it, don't worry. I don't pay much attention to what the others are doing. Wonder where they got the idea for the packed section package? :))