Grounding?

Hi All, setting up the 200L boiler with 8" and I was wondering if the boiler needs to be grounded in any way?
thanks
J

Best Answer

• Hi Finespirit, With our Element Guard Kit there is an accommodation for doing so. There is a lug on the cap that allows for a ground wire attachment. Once the assembly is clamped off and dogged down good and tight the tank is grounded.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

Answers

• edited March 2014

Thanks Smaug, i am using your element guard kit.

• Smaug answered that well, but ill toss in my +1 to him as there is no reason to ever risk your safety when working with electricity. And beyond that remember that a standard breaker is designed to save your property, a gfci is to save your life, so spend the extra coin if you haven't already.

• edited March 2014

Yea breakers are a life saver. This one was the first in the circuit in my daughters room. Kinda scary we just rebuilt after a house fire in 2012 that was caused by electric.

circuit_breaker.jpg
    800 x 450 - 57K
  • That tripped the breaker. There was nothing plugged in that outlet.

• @Chalmer, Let me guess - two wires connected together but the securing screw was a tad loose?

• Perhaps the receptical was installed loosely due to the drywallers trimming too much around the mud ring preventing a snug installation?

Solid wire rather than stranded or perhaps if the box was somehow a junction,,, then multiple wires could have had enough tension to eventually force the receptical lugs against the mud ring.

Or if furniture was propped against the receptical............

Did it ground out against the mud ring?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• I'm guessing either loose wire or bad outlet. It was the neutral wires that burnt.