Greetings from a brewer

I found SD looking for affordable TC fittings for brewing as for some reason the brewing community hasn't really adopted them. Anyway, I have enjoyed reading the SD forum for some time and have learned some really interesting stuff about how different the brewing and distilling disciplines can be. So, while I'm not a distiller, I have plenty of brewing experience and system design knowledge and thought I'd sign up to occasionally jump in...and hopefully get some enlightenment on some of your wash producing practices as I believe there is stuff in there that brewers could learn from. So, hopefully everyone will enjoy having a brewer on board, and feel free to correct me when I'm wondering why you guys don't do something like a brewer would, I won't be offended and will appreciate the learning opportunity. Cheers.

Comments

• Welcome mate. Most of us here are both brewers of beer and brewers of wash, sometimes it's the exact same thing (without hops).

Main difference when brewing for steam collecting is that the sanitising and ingredient quality is very much a lower quality.

Washes for distilling are usually high gravity compared to a beer and small imperfections and infections are not noticed in the end product. Same reason we can get away with using cheaper feed grade products, we're not ingesting the bugs and crap, just the steam from em.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Welcome @Grudaire, glad you made it. Familiarize yourself with our slightly different forum and feel right at home here. As @punkin wrote, there are a lot of brewers among us, and nothing speaks against discussions about brewing, StillDragon equipment can be used for pretty much everything after all.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum