StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats in your Glass?

Comments

• @captainshooch said: CothermanDistilling I gotta have two, one for the collection [-O<

He won't have enough,,,,,what with him saving 3 for me lol.. .

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited June 2017

Saturday June 10. World Gin Day - so make sure you have a glass or two of your fav gin then.

Actually disappointed as I had a gin in the pipeline using Japanese Yuzu and yesterday I saw an article in paper about a distiller in McLaren Vale with a new brew using it.

• Maybe one of my customers i just shipped a small gin rig down there last week. Who was it?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited June 2017

Maximus ?? The paper article had the guys name but i only quickly read it while lunching at pub. Just searched it and it was Rowland Short Settlers Distillery part of maximus. He has been making gin for some time now as i went on a gin crawl last time i was in Adelaide and he was not open that day so missed out.

• That's them, Roland just bought another rig off me last week or the week before. A 50l milk can rig with GB4 for small infusions.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• With all the resources he has at his disposal he should be able to come up with a few good brews. All that fermenting grape juice and the Riverland produce. Rakia from red wine. Pisco . Raki / ouzo etc.

@punkin How did Mr Pisco go did he buy a setup? He too should have some good resources at hand. I saw he was online a few times but he never chimed in. Probably knew we or at least I would jump on him looking for trade secrets to help along the path.

• Yes mate, 380l Dash.

• edited June 2017

Most people think Japanese Mirin is a cooking wine but a quality 3 year old Mirin is good drinking if not a little sweet and 10 November it is tradition. Also essential in cooking. Mirin sake and soy - that's it.

image.jpg
    598 x 800 - 103K
  • edited June 2017

@Unsensibel. I spent a bit of time today trying to locate a bottle of Singani to buy in Australia for the "library". I then remembered the photo you posted of the staircase in Potosi which is a prime Singani producing region. Did you try it while there? Absolutely impossible to buy in OZ. Even though it is a Pisco type brew it is traditionally drank in a totally different way.

• @GD50 never heard of it before. I thought it's more Mezcal country down there. Will definitively look for it next time

• edited June 2017

Over the last week:

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 89K
    2.jpg
    450 x 800 - 77K
  • How was the Sorghum whiskey.

• @DonMateo pretty smooth despite the ABV. A little bit too oak-y for my taste though. Overall pretty good.

• Fridaynightfightclub

Great start to the weekend... Glendalough Irish 13 yr (Bourbon) VS Glendalough Double Barrel (Bourbon + Oloroso) Irish 4 yr

image.jpg
    599 x 800 - 66K
  • This is dam good

image.jpg
    450 x 800 - 64K
  • @DonMateo said: I lived in Peru for 8 years and I can tell you that all Piscos are not created equal and the Peruvian Piscos are by far and away the best. The town of Pisco is in fact located about 300kms south of the capital Lima. Chileno piscos are terrible by comparison. I have lived in Chile for about 3 or so years and I have yet to find a Chileno Pisco that is decent. You should try and make a pisco sour which is just a fantastic drink, but only with Peruvian Pisco.

(bringing an old message back from the Dead):

This years Spirits Selection concours (from Brussels, Belgium) is being held in Chili. Both Chili and Peru think that they're the only ones allowed to make Pisco... Read and weep:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THE PARTICIPATION OF PERUVIAN PISCO IN SPIRITS SELECTION 2017 BY CONCOURS MONDIAL DE BRUXELLES

• edited July 2017

Whiskey before breakfast

image.jpg
    800 x 450 - 64K

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• This is true. It doesnt help that both nationalities hate each other and everyone know that Peruvian Pisco is better. The town Pisco is 3 hours drive south of Lima, not Santiago.

• Free beer. God bless Qantas.

• Mystery homebrew beer due to my lack of labelling and my partner moving beer around in my beer fridge :s

I tend to label one bottle at the front and have a whole shelf of the same

• edited July 2017

51% Corn, 49% Millet.

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 95K
  • fairly spirited sugarhead made from home brand processed (wheat) bran and aged with medium roast french oak for four months.

• edited July 2017

Some good US beer found cheap.

beer.jpg
    800 x 600 - 87K

• edited July 2017

One of my mates from USA brought out this Mexican Tequila for me to try.

Bloody nice BUT this is whiskey, not Tequila.

image1.jpg
    452 x 800 - 81K
    image2.jpg
    452 x 800 - 75K
  • Got to say i prefer reposada to anejo but the mescal is my go to drink when i drink spirits nowadays.

• Blanco all the way for me!

Speaking of which, I should pour myself some....

• Beer. Asahi Dry. A cracking all-rounder. Be it a BBQ, out for a meal, footy, or just watching your still do it's thing. It's solid.

• edited July 2017

Just bought a box of the Asahi Dry Black. Its ok but i think one of my brews based on Coopers Pale Ale ( with chocolate malt and cant remember what else ) is possible better.

About to do a blind tasting to compare the two.

• Best check it twice :)) Gotta be sure

• Not this time - too sick.

Poxridden cold that wont go away. But normally i would totally agree.