StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats in your Glass?

Comments

• Everywhere is freaks and hairies Dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity.....

• Come on baby's grease your lips Grab your hats and swing your hips And don't forget to bring your whips We're going to the freaker's ball (yes)

the_balvenie.jpg
    600 x 800 - 51K
  • Well, look who's back.
    I recognize that snifter. I drink gin from one often.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• haha yeah went on hiatus doing some contract work/enjoying summer. Back at it

And yes those glasses are pretty useful should have taken more

• edited August 2016

This was given to my father in law for his 70th birthday. He doesn't drink except for a shandy at Christmas. OK Pop we'll sample a dram or two for you, wouldn't want the gift givers to be disappointed.

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 84K
  • edited August 2016

Was Michters Sour Mash, now its just melted ice...

Got a notion to try Japanese Whisky, anyone have any good recommendations?

• @cambo yamazaki make some nice ones. You can taste the Scottish roots in most Japanese whisky.

A specific product I would recommend is Nikka "from the barrel". That's what it's called. Comes in a square 1/2 liter bottle and at £35 it's a bargain because it's one of those drinks that tastes like it COULD cost a lot more...

• Bridge Road Little Bling session IPA has morphed into Herradura Anejo.

DirtyLooksHaveStartedPunkin

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @mark85 thanks for the recommendations. I will keep an eye out for those for sure!

• edited September 2016

Whoa!! I opened the "eplebrennevin" just now... Absolutely stunning subtle complexities in this apple based product of yours @Jann. Just enough background heat, then balanced sweetness and tartness which then leads one to close one's eyes and savor the wonderful apple liquor that it is. The intricate apple flavors immediately brought back memories to me of my childhood days in Norway when I would "borrow" an apple or two on the way home from school... Thanks for the moment.

Sorry the schedules didn't work out for us to meet, I would have liked to see your operation. I urge all forum readers who find their way to Norway to pick this up at the state run liquor stores called "Vinmonopolet".

Outstanding.

Attal.jpg
    800 x 600 - 107K
  • Branded Hearts, Reno NV - Oated Bourbon followed by a Witherspoons, Lewisville TX - Single Barrel Bourbon

• edited September 2016

Decisions, decisions...

Enjoying pau hana aloha Friday at HawaiiCon 2016.

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 67K

• Imagine that sculpin would go great with poke

• edited September 2016

I drank it (and a few of its brothers and sisters) with a grilled avocado stuffed with crabmeat and mango salsa, and a side of rooster beaks (pico de gallo) and corn tortilla chips.

• edited September 2016

Jinzu, a juniper and Japanese herbs Gin creation from a London distillery.

Not my favourite.

gin1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 83K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• What time zone are you in =))

• Same as you, this was last nights.

• edited September 2016

It's after 5 :D

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 71K
  • What is your take away from the rhum?

• Have you had agricole before?
    They vary a lot but this one is closer to cognac than molasses based rums IMO?
    The standard 'rum' flavour just isn't there. Heaps of old oak though.

• edited September 2016

@jacksonbrown. I don't know if Canefire Rum made in WA up near the Ord, I believe, is an Agricola but I believe it's made from sugarcane juice. You know of it?

• Any Aussies had an opportunity to try out Husk Distillers (Byron Bay) Agricole # 1 released Xmas 2015 or their latest white Cane Spirit.

Pure Cane New Make is the first product release from the North Coast Bar Series of fresh, young agricole rums and cane spirits designed to be mixed in simple, refreshing ways that highlight the flavour and style of Northern NSW.

Just in time for the fast approaching summer season, Pure Cane is perfect for mixing up our interpretation of the Caipirinhas (Kai-Pee-Reen-Yas) or Ti Punch as well as many simple, refreshing, back to basics cocktails.

• Not that one by I think Iridium up FNQ is too. Haven't tried that yet either.
    I've got a new make from Martinique that is really ripe.

• Regards Iridium & Mt Uncle Distillery who is registered with a QLD Wine Producers Licence..

Not sure how they can sell Rum & grain based Spirits online with the QLD Wine Licence that does not have a grape base spirit as per QLD licensing regs - the 'other' products have to represent less then 5% annual revenue.

I'm no mathematician but revenue of 5 bottles of rum to 95 bottles of 'Other' Wine based product Revenue in the Rum fuelled state of QLD is interesting..

What am I missing here?

• Don't know. There's a guy near here on land zoned rural that got questionable approval.
    The advice I got was along the lines of 'Just jump though the hoops provided, don't go making your own.'

• Anything to do with Byron bay is a bit iffy IMO.
    I am heading up there to see Jethro Tull next year :)>-

• Husk is doing a fine job with their www.inkgin.com & Agricole rum - Cane to glass.. whole process.

Couple of breweries have opened up around the area also recently.

Mt Uncle is in FNQ otherwise.

• edited September 2016

I see your Jethro Tull, and raise you this (section 100, row A, a birthday present to myself):

image.jpg
    728 x 777 - 95K