StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats in your Glass?

Comments

• @Unsensibel said: Pennerglück! That has headache written all over it....

Not at all, this is a very clean and smooth product made in Germany. In fact, a little too smooth, cries out loud that some sugar has been added for rounding. I already drank too much a lot (of course for testing purposes only!), and not the slightest headache or hangover.

The price is a real shocker, those are Euros excl. and incl. the Austrian VAT of 20%, considering that the Austrian alcohol tax is 12 EUR per liter pure ethanol.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• @Unsensibel Not available yet, he's still getting the shop together. If you plan on coming to ADI I'm sure I could arrange a tasting... being my neighbour and all

• Over the weekend I paid a visit to Tailwind distillery, which is right outside Chicago. They produce five spirits, a silver and amber agave spirit, a silver and amber rum and a coffee infused rum. Their silver rum has won a few awards. I actually preferred the amber rum. Of the 2 agave spirits, the amber was very good. My wife really enjoyed the coffee infused rum and she slammed a couple of their delicious hot buttered rums in the tasting room.

• @TheMechWarrior said: Grand Marnier, neat

Yum! Cognac without the orange finish seems lacking to me anymore.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited February 2016

Superbowl L libation

Superbowl L libation.jpg
    600 x 800 - 55K

• edited February 2016

irish_tonic.jpg
    800 x 600 - 54K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Looks nice, you use that to flavour drinks?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: Looks nice, you use that to flavour drinks?

Could be medicine, not sure what to do with it. Suggestions? Maybe just just to spice up that cheapo vodka we stashed recently.

• Mojito's? 8-X

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited February 2016

Stuck at Palm Beach International Airport on the way to the US BEVEX show.....

Have to pass the time

Black Coral Rum and lime.

20160215_105129.jpg
    600 x 800 - 57K

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Incognito SD flask or did they have it at the bar?

• So, wife has been making ginger beer for a few months. Keeps a fair sized jar of the mother working all the time, bottle conditions it. It's good, but I wasn't super attached to it.

This weekend I had a drink special out at a local restaurant. Irish Ginger something or the other. Equal parts Whiskey, Ginger Beer, Ginger Ale.

Damn... I spent the rest of the weekend on i.v. at home. I may have ginger burnt butt!

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• @FloridaCracker said: Incognito SD flask or did they have it at the bar?

No. Black Coral Rum at the airport bar. Pounding a few down........

• edited February 2016

@FloridaCracker said: Incognito SD flask or did they have it at the bar?

The flask will not make it past security. If it goes filled, it has to go in checked baggage.

Mine has been to some pretty cool places (via checked bags).

• You guys have it all wrong when flying. It's called packing your hooch in plastic sachets. You then are able to take a couple along with you on the plane.

• The plane has free drinks?

• edited February 2016

If you sit up front.

• This is how my friends do it:

bottles.jpg
    800 x 390 - 59K
  • edited February 2016

@CothermanDistilling said: This is how my friends do it:

That's exactly how I do it too!

• I bought a bottle of Bombay Sapphire yesterday and forgot to try it.

Oh well, there's always tonight.

• edited February 2016

Giving this a try tonight. Keg & Bottle only had this, I was hoping for the Rise and Shine or the Gin. @Kill_Devil_Spirit_Co

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 75K
  • @Kapea said: The flask will not make it past security.

Went to a concert about a month ago and had VIP tickets to a suite. We entered the arena through the VIP entrance, the same as the band and lo and behold, there was a guy with a metal detecting wand waiting for us. Behind him were 2 guys with local badges. In my shorts I had my trusty SD flask filled with the latest and best rum that I had.

Stainless SD flask.

I figured the guy wouldn't want to reach into the front of my shorts so while my brothers were being wanded, I put the flask right down the front and hoped for the best. Of course when he wanded me it beeped every time he went past my junk. I was pretty much expecting to be busted when the guy said "Oh, it's picking up your belt buckle, go on through".

Can't remember when I enjoyed rum as much as that night.

• TSA is not that lax.

• @Kapea said: TSA is not that lax.

So the belt buckle trick wouldn't work?

:))

• @Kapea said: TSA is not that lax

TSA is a giant occupational therapy program...

• edited February 2016

TSA makes me crazy.

Just recently discovered pisco. As with other spirits, not all piscos are equal.

So far I have only tried the Peruvian varieties. The gentleman at the package store explains that the Chilean varieties are not as good. But I'll not buy into that propaganda until I sample for myself.

Evidently it is the variety of grape used that can really bring the floral notes forward. I hope and pray with all of my soul that Luke can come close to Encanto with his new machine!

• edited February 2016

The TSA is a giant, continuous violation of the Fourth Amendment. They couldn't find their own asses with both hands tied behind their backs. Their only accomplishment is punishing the innocent. A giant jobs program indeed. Hire the incompetent and redistribute the wealth.

• edited February 2016

@Kapea Amen

To bring it back to topic

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 58K