StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats in your Glass?

Comments

• edited November 2015

the_macallan.jpg
    450 x 800 - 47K
  • edited November 2015

Skål's Favorite Aquavit.jpg
    800 x 534 - 105K
  • edited November 2015

Thumb Butte.jpg
    800 x 535 - 146K
  • Beautiful shots

• edited November 2015

first time i ever tried an oaked ale....wow, mighty fine i must say! i always liked speyside whisky :)

belhaven.jpg
    600 x 800 - 73K
  • Some of the micros down here are putting beer in barrels and the feedback is good. Never tried one though.

• edited November 2015

Hitachino Nest Extra High (HX) is finished in a shochu (distilled sake) barrels.

It's delightful imo. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Tampa and Cape Coral collaboration... absolutely amazing every time I get a chance to find a taste...

Cigar City’s “Tropical” Rum Barrel Aged Stout [Updated] @ Beer Street Journal

• yeah does sound yummy

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• It's beer week here in San Diego... barrel day at Ballast Point never disappoints

• edited November 2015

I envy you guys so much. Beer is pathetic in the country towns here. We have a brewery an hours ride up the highway that have some pretty good beers but not the hoppy ales i like so much.

We have a 'Craft Beer Festival' here this weekend. It's pathetic, $35 to get in, goes for 4 hours and aside from the brewery up the road and one other they're all big name breweries making 'fruity' beers for the hipsters.

Craft beer is my favourite thing and it's not worth the price of admission.

Brewfest - Craft Beer & Food Festival - Tamworth

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Perhaps write off the ADI conference as a business expenditure and come join the fun in San Diego in April!? No lack of hops around here

• Distillery I'm working at today... good stuff

liberty_call_distilling_co.jpg
    800 x 450 - 77K
  • One thing I miss from back home in the UK Punkin is good real ales. Uncle Dans always have a good selection but it's not the same as a decent pint straight out of the barrel. The hipster beer craze is infuriating.

• edited November 2015

@Kill_Devil_Spirit_Co those bottles look pretty empty. Sure you're working? ;)

• @punkin said: We have a 'Craft Beer Festival' here this weekend. It's pathetic, $35 to get in, goes for 4 hours and aside from the brewery up the road and one other they're all big name breweries making 'fruity' beers for the hipsters.

12063793_10154340598769251_5926859022068399727_n.jpg
    599 x 797 - 65K

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited November 2015

I bought a second case of this in bombers (24oz bottles) today. Very nice IPA! $50 for 12 at the local big box.

First case was defective. It evaporated in less than a week.

I live in the tropics, so the bottle may appear to be sideways to you folks in the northern and southern hemispheres

ipa.jpg
    600 x 800 - 43K

• edited November 2015

@punkin said: We have a 'Craft Beer Festival' here this weekend. It's pathetic, $35 to get in, goes for 4 hours and aside from the brewery up the road and one other they're all big name breweries making 'fruity' beers for the hipsters.

Had a look at the link - I see CUB, Lion, Coke. Murray's are good - I like the Fred IPA. But you can buy almost all of whats being offered at Dan's or Woolies.

• The IPA from Murrays and the one from New England Brewery (the local one) are about the only things i'd drink there. If i go to a pub that has only James Squire on tap (what pub doesn't now?) or mainstream i'll drink Tooheys Black.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited November 2015

berrocca1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 59K

• edited November 2015

@Kapea said: I bought a second case of this in bombers (24oz bottles) today. Very nice IPA! $50 for 12 at the local big box.

First case was defective. It evaporated in less than a week.

Second case was defective too. Evaporated over the weekend (along with an imu cooked pig).

Bought a third case today. Label says it is a 100 day IPA that should be consumed within 100 days of bottling. Botlled on 9/22/2015.

Seriously doubt the shit will see 60 days.

• Dang, here in Austria IPAs are pretty much unknown. Just recently a few local breweries started to get into IPAs, which they are only selling in small bottles (0.33L) at a premium price. I wish we had proper IPA in BIG bottles here!

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Well ballast point just sold to constellation for $1 billion, so expect international distribution soon enough

• @Kapea said: Seriously doubt the shit will see 60 days.

From what I have read so far, I doubt it survives the week..........

• Nice little gift from the gf on a quick visit from Poland

Edited by @Moonshine: Picture link removed because the file was missing.

• It's almost the holiday season and...
    For all you guys looking for something new in your glass here is a link full of ideas:

Make Your Own Flavoured Schnapps @ Danish Schnapps Recipes

I have shared this one several times in various areas...

Enjoy!

If you like that... follow my thread at this link for a few great articles on InFusing and making BITTERS.

• edited November 2015

Bought a bottle of the Botanist Gin today. Haven't tried it yet but i'm looking forward to it. Hope it's better than the wank in the description;
    The aromas explode like an olfactory Aurora Borealis filling the senses with meteorites of smell sensations as they explode from the glass.

The Botanist Gin

The Botanist Islay Dry Gin @ Bruichladdich

• edited November 2015

@FloridaCracker said: From what I have read so far, I doubt it survives the week..........

Likey not. I have visitors here from NOLA through the end of the month.
    They fessed up. It seems the beer isn't really evaporating after all. #:-S

• @punkin said: Bought a bottle of the Botanist Gin today. Haven't tried it yet but i'm looking forward to it. Hope it's better than the wank in the description;
    The aromas explode like an olfactory Aurora Borealis filling the senses with meteorites of smell sensations as they explode from the glass.

Be sure to keep that pinky finger extended! :))