Searching The Site

Besides the general text box for searches is there an advanced search where we can specify searches for topics or membernames or keywords by membername etc in order to make it possible to find posts or topics?

Couple of hints on how to do this would be great.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• Unfortunately the present search function is really very basic, so it's just the little search box with no options.

To search for certain members' postings, you can go to a member's profile page and have a look at his Activity, Discussions and Comments following the links to the right below the member's avatar.

You can search postings by tags by clicking one of the Popular Tags in the box below the categories list.

For our forum I have enabled hashtag search (hashtags as known from Twitter), but nobody ever used it (most likely due to the lack of knowledge it exists, although I have mentioned it a few times in the past in my Activity entries).

For now we have to live with it as it is, which should not be a huge problem as we still have a comparable small amount of discussions. Navigating the simple search, category list and from members' profile pages is easy and effective. For later on I have planned to implement an advanced search functionality using the Sphinx search engine (same as used by Craigslist), but that one requires a daemon running on the server, so that's something to look at after I have moved our forum to a new server.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Thanks mate

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand