StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

No Topic Thread

Comments

• edited August 2018

I spoke too soon. Lane ended up dumping 31” (80cm) of rain here at the house.

It was epic. The animals were lining up in pairs...

I thought it was over. The sun peeked through at dawn, but now it’s raining again.

Rain gage reads 31.64” since sunrise on Aug 21.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited August 2018

I was supposed to go to San Francisco for the Texas Rangers at Giants series this weekend, but Hurricane Lane got in the way. Good thing. The Giants are stinking it up. Last night they blew a six run lead to lose in the 10th.

Much more fun watching rain fall at a 5” per hour instantaneous rate. It was like the ocean was in the air. I’ve never experienced the like. My house has a metal roof. The rain on the roof was so loud we had to shout to be heard.

• My twin brother was in Dampier when a category 5 hurricane passed over his house. 250km per hour winds. I used to wonder why the houses up there were built like concrete bunkers but there is a reason.

• Cat 5s are a bitch.........

• edited September 2018

St George Spirits - Alameda, California. A craft spirits pioneer since 1982;

Housed in a 65,000 sq. ft. airplane hanger at the former Alameda Naval Air Station.

image.jpg
    800 x 333 - 82K

• The roof deck of the hanger is made out of Calforinia redwood planks. 65,000 sq.ft. of them. St. George Spirits' hanger is but one of around 20 on the former NAS.
    I know you build with native matetials, but damn... redwood roof planks...

• are those oranges, that is a lot of whatever it is!....

• @CothermanDistilling said: ...that is a lot of whatever it is!....

I was thinking the same

• They looked like peeled potatoes to me.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• I would say lemons. As in Limoncello.

• edited September 2018

Fresh pears. 36 totes full, ripening, and then being fermented for pear eau de vie. St. Geroge's pear eau de vie is amazing. Tastes like fresh pears in a bottle. They say it takes 30 pears to produce one bottle.

The distillery founder, Jörg Rupf is from a family of distillers from the Black Forest region of Germany. The people I met at St. George really know what they are doing.

St. George Spirits

• Thought it looked like pear or apple. Always stash a bottle of „Willi“ on my way back from Germany

• edited September 2018

• @Raoul_Duke and I filled 4 freshly drained maker's mark barrels today with rum distilled at 183 and reduced to 120.... our barrel collection is slowly growing...

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 113K
  • edited September 2018

Sweeeeeet! Wish I could get barrel racking cheaper. The prices out in wine country are dirt cheap, but LTL skid prices have been out of control lately. Costs as much to ship the racks as the racks cost themselves.

• Is that Larry in the eBay post above?

• @grim said: Sweeeeeet! Wish I could get barrel racking cheaper. The prices out in wine country are dirt cheap, but LTL skid prices have been out of control lately. Costs as much to ship the racks as the racks cost themselves.

yeah, the stainless ones I built myself, but now costs over $100/rack in materials alone.. the beige ones came from a local brewery that got a bunch of barrels with racks, scooped 4 up for $50 each.. the blue and brown ones started off as beige, but were either shortened for 15's or split in half to make pallet jack liftable stacks... I have a line on a dozen 15 gal racks and trying to get cheap shipping like you said...

I think it is @Kill_Devil_Spirit_Co ??

• @grim said: Is that Larry in the eBay post above?

If not it’s his doppelgänger.

• I picked up a few skids of 30 gallon Western Square racks. The racks were in great shape, $35 each. Freight was basically another $35 each.

Better than paying the $100+ for a new rack, but not such a great bargain.

• Its me.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited October 2018

Spam is getting funnier....

spam.jpg
    800 x 456 - 74K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited October 2018

I got the same thing, only I had 48 hours to comply - 96 hours ago.

How did my compromising/shameful photos look?

• There was two, the second one was slightly different. First guy must have been a bit of a sensitive crook as he changed the words 'your wanking activity' to 'your solitary sex'.

Maybe he didn't like the pot-kettle thing. =))

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @Kapea said: I got the same thing, only I had 48 hours to comply - 96 hours ago.

How did my compromising/shameful photos look?

Aaahhh, you got 48 hours, you must have pressed +++ on your calculator.

• edited October 2018

A mate found a keg on gumtree yesterday for his storage of UJSM for $80. His problem was it is a new sealed keg of Coopers Mild (what i drink at home) and he didn't know how to get the beer out.

Just so happens i have a kegerator, so we are going halves, i get 50 litres of beer beer for $40 and he gets the empty keg for $40 >:D<

keg.jpg
    800 x 600 - 67K

• Win, win.

Whoz bettah than than youz? Nobuddy.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited November 2018

I cannot believe how easy Toyota has made replacing wheel bearings. I just changed out the two front bearings in my Tacoma 4x4. They are just bolt in modular units. Pull the tire. Pull the brake calipers, pull the brake rotor, remove the hub dust cover, remove the spindle nut, undo four bolts and the unit is in your hands. No pressing bearings out and in required. Reverse the process and Bob's your uncle. You're good for another 100,000 miles (161,000 km).

And I replaced the brake pads because, why not? There they were, and they are cheap and easy to install. Out the door for just under $150 US for both sides. 90 minutes. 30 minutes of that was driving to my friend's house to borrow a 36mm impact socket for the spindle nut.

I love my Taco!

• Proves they can make it easy, but some choose not to.

I've always marveled at British Leland (MG/Triumph/Jaguar of the 70's) brakes where the pads came out through the back of the caliper. Two pins and pull the pads...why hasn't everyone gone to this?

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• Toyota disc brake calipers work that way. The toughest part of replacing disc brake pads is jacking the car/truck up and removing the tire.