StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

No Topic Thread

Comments

Puna - Not For Wusses.jpg
    960 x 540 - 30K

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited May 2018

Travis Sanders did a FB Live broadcast from the roof of his house on Leilani Ave in Leilani Estates (see video above). That is a 20ft. flagpole in his front yard. That makes the spatter rampart around 20ft. high. The clanking that you hear is gobs of molten spatter landing on and burning the metal roof of his house.

Here are a couple of aerial photos of fissure No.3 a couple of hours prior to his Live FB broadcast. Travis' house is the green-roofed house at the bottom of the photos.

Travis has more video up on Facebook. FB Search: Travis Sanders Pahoa, Hawaii

Fissure 3.jpg
    533 x 800 - 58K
    Leilani Fissure No.3.jpg
    800 x 532 - 67K

• She's not happy

• edited May 2018

Webcam showing Leilani: Timestamp in HST (UTC -10)

It will update automaticlly.

• What about your doors and windows? Do they still function optimally?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited May 2018

I never close them, so it doesn’t matter. Most of my windows only have screen in them anyway. The doors I close are screen sliders on tracks. Alignment on those is almost irrelevant.

That kinda sucks when the vog (volcano smog) blows this way though. Most of the time the tradewinds blow the vog away from my windows. Thousands of miles of open ocean upwind. Yesterday morning it was still and the air smelled of sulfur and burning rainforest for a while. Pele can be a stinker when she has a mind to be.

• I'm similar. Because my house is inside a shed i have windows and doors i never close and i have not bothered to put fly screens on any openings.

In keeping with the no topic thread....
    I tapped my last full barrel of ujsm yesterday to give a bottle to a mate. Full isn't really the right word, well it was in 2011 when i filled it but it has about 25-28 of it's 54 litres left after a dip check.

Haven't distilled much since and i won't be starting back up again as far as i see, so this is the slow start to the end.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited May 2018

retarded.jpg
    660 x 660 - 73K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @Smaug said: What about your doors and windows? Do they still function optimally?

I'm sure my sphincter would be functioning optimally if I was anywhere near that shit!

• edited June 2018

This is devastating. Kapoho anchialine hot ponds and tide pools are gone. One of the most amazing places in the known universe - seriously.

Born from the volcano. Taken by the volcano. RIP Kapoho.

image.jpg
    800 x 618 - 128K

• I've been following all of this from Oz. Sometimes, I need to pinch myself to remember this is real. It's straight out of a reality tv show! @Kapea any correlation between what's happening on your doorstep and that in Guatamala?

• Well, they're both happening on the same planet. Other than that, not so much.

Warmers would have you believe they are being caused by global warming.

• edited June 2018

What I've seen while standing in my yard over the last few days:

A New Dawn From My Yard.jpg
    800 x 600 - 66K
    Night view from my yard.jpg
    800 x 600 - 48K

• They're not as exciting as the sensational photos and videos plastered all over the news. They're just what regular folks who live here are seeing now.

• edited June 2018

There is a live webcam photo (updated every ten minutes or so) of the eruptive vent, fissure 8, in this video , 11 posts up above this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ1bkxAuxTk

• edited June 2018

This is where fissure 8 opened up, looking in the direction of lava flow in the lava channel:

Luana Street before fissure 8 opened up.jpg
    800 x 397 - 94K

• edited June 2018

When you hear someone say, "Land, they're not making it anymore!" you can call bullshit. Compare this map to the one from June 5 above. Pele's been busy...

image.jpg
    800 x 618 - 129K

• edited June 2018

ESA Sentinel-2 True Color photo of Kilauea LERZ Eruption 5-23-2018.jpg
    787 x 800 - 137K

• I think I finally got the botanicals bill right in my gin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLMkauiTJaU

• edited June 2018

Looking at the weather at my new place compared to the weather at my old, makes me happy. Coldest night of the year so far last night i put long pants on when i got up this morning.

This time last year i was showering outside in the frost as my bathroom was being redone;

weathercoffs.jpg
    680 x 433 - 63K
    weathertamworth.jpg
    673 x 439 - 62K

• Why Hawaiians believed Pele lives in the volcano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSafZbfGQy8

• edited July 2018

Next weekend, in LA.
    Because... somebody’s gotta do it!

image.jpg
    800 x 419 - 84K

• Weit, weit in der ferne
    Man hört, man hört
    Die musik

Just got back from the downtown palais
    Where the music was so sweet
    Knocked me right back in the alley
    I'm ready
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm ready...

• edited August 2018

Because volcanic eruptions are soooo yesterday we thought we'd have ourselves a Cat 5 hurricane to keep it interesting around here. It's two days out and it's already dumping rain by the tanker-load...

Hurricane Lane.jpg
    800 x 656 - 81K
    rb.jpg
    800 x 533 - 125K

• Oh boy...

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Ouch! Being on the Gulf Coast I can relate....

To the hurricane of course......

• edited August 2018

For scale on the forecast map above, using the Gulf of Mexico, if you were to put the 11:00PM location at the bottom on Havana, the 8:00PM location at the top would be near New Orleans.

• Be safe out there

• edited August 2018

Lane ended up just being 16.5" (42cm) of rain over three days. No wind. It went south and west of my shed. No big ting bruddah. We get worse winter storms than that every year.

I live in a rain forest. Rain is what we do. That's why I run once-through condensers.