StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

No Topic Thread

Comments

• edited December 2017

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Ummmm ... how come those cross-wankers weren't speaking Stryne?

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• edited December 2017

Cut it out. They were probably from San Fran.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited December 2017

pallet1.jpg
    539 x 720 - 78K

• I used to do that with pallets that motorcycles came to the U.S. on. Then I burned them in the fire place.

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• None now but on 7 August there was 163 whales here made up of 74 cows and calves 14 males and 1 juvenile. All within a two km radius of us. The Humpback comes in at around 50 ton whereas our Southern Right are around 70 - 80 ton. All come up from Antartica and give birth and mate here in winter. Spend about 4 months here and head back home for a much needed feed. The females lose about 12 tonnes weight here but 1 ton of that is calf and the rest 44000l of milk to feed baby ). The whale season lasts around 5 months.

• It must be about time for the gray whales to come eat our local beaches. Some beaches are mostly mud and mud shrimp. The whales kinda lie on their sides and bite (sorta) sidewise hunks out of the beach and then spit out everything that's not shrimp.

It's noisy as hell.

• I think they inspired Pac-Man...

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited December 2017

This is the sound of home to me now. Whether laying in bed or at the pub, now and then the Geckos bark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J2IBwdbdas

• We have those guys here too. Their bark reminds me of someone "clucking" their tongue. With that in mind - a local kine joke:

What did the wife gecko say when her husband gecko fell off of the ceiling?

(make gecko barking/clucking sound here)

• edited December 2017

I found what I want! Toyota 4x4 lover that I am...
    I have a client who just took delivery of an Icon FJ44. A frickin Toyota off-road classic with a 430 HP Corvette engine in it! All aluminum and stainless - powder coated! My client's is matte black.
    YEAH BABY!

--> Icon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaHRHWPZHRs

• edited January 2018

Weightlifting gym has just started a while ago next door. Playing screaming metal at 7am. Wouldn't be so bad if i didn't have to listen to the shouted opinions on other people over the top of it.

That and jazz would be the only fucking western music you can't even whistle to.

I'm going to the beach, fuck this.

• 'international waters' didn't know they started 100 yards off shore in an estuary. 8-|

• edited April 2018

I think i just cursed myself for all my lives.

I lit an incense stick ( a coil actually) in the middle.That can't be good for karma. Maybe there's a special layer of hell for people like me?

incense.jpg
    800 x 600 - 110K

• no big ting bruddah

• edited May 2018

Magma moving down-rift from the summit magma chamber causes earthquakes.

• Red = within last two hours.
    • Orange = within last two days.
    • Yellow = within last two weeks

Something’s about to pop... bigly

image.jpg
    800 x 369 - 48K

• edited May 2018

Still rockin’

image2.jpg
    800 x 369 - 54K

• Anything less than magnitude 6 is just entertainment...

• edited May 2018

Just had a 4.6er and this popped out of the currently erupting rift vent:

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 65K

• Epic times! I live for this shit!!

• edited May 2018

Same-same, only different:

image.jpg
    800 x 626 - 51K

• edited May 2018

Just down the road a piece, a new rift vent -> 8 miles as the Alala flies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duUbZGz7rlI

• Did you see the drone footage of the rift eruption from straight down? Holy crap.

• Hope they have volcano insurance. Never really considered volcano insurance being a real thing before, but dang that's cool and I wish I could see it person but am glad I don't HAVE to.

• edited May 2018

Yes I saw the drone footage on TV. There are others as well.

You cannot get volcano insurance in Leilani Estates. It is built directly on Kilauea's southeast rift. Cheap land. The question there has not been if, but when? I always say down there on the rift you don't own the land, you are just renting it from Pele. Land in lower Puna is amazingly beautiful. It is temping to live there for the scenery, for sure. But, I would not built anything there that I couldn't stand to lose. Great farmland. Rich soil. Thousands of acres in papaya trees and tropical flower farms on the S.E. rift.

Here is a video of an eruption in 1960. A pulse of magma made its way down the rift from a spectatular summit eruption and popped up in Kapoho, just a couple of miles from Leilani. Very much like the current series of events. Cannot say how long or how big the 2018 one is going to be. Only Pele knows.

(CSAV = Center for the Study of Active Volcanoes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BsIm7iodIs

• edited May 2018

Shit's heatin' up! 6.9! Yeah baby! Rock n' Roll!!

Magnitude 6.9.jpg
    800 x 369 - 55K

• Actually it was scary as shit - waves rolling through solid rock, under my feet. Surfing in my driveway, as it were.

Aftershocks continue. Magnitude 4 -5 ones seem quaint now...

• Are you going to be alright where you ate?

• edited May 2018

Yeah. I'm in no danger from the lava. The earthquakes are getting tiresome though. Pretty much non-stop. Kinda like being on a boat.

The eruptive sound is very much like being up close to a jet engine, at full throttle:

Erupting fissure last night (MP4)