StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

No Topic Thread

Comments

• @geoff400 so I take it your happy with them ?

• Compulsive.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• That thing is pretty damn cool.

• That looks really good. Most importantly, it gives the ferment trend line.

• @jez said: geoff400 so I take it your happy with them ?

They take a little getting used to, the supplied batteries do not last long so need immediate replacing. The support offered by the suppliers is very good. I use them in my fermenting fridge and keezer and they manage to transmit through all of that. You do need to calibrate them as well after each use to ensure reasonable accuracy.

Much more fun to watch the yeast doing it's work than messing around with a hydrometer and for me the hobby is all about fun.

• just ordered 2 for our 100 gal rum ferments starting next week, and sent in a question asking if they can connect to a bluetooth PC that updates google sheets...

• I ordered a remote canera as i am painting the bathroom ceiling when I get back and can't wait to watch it dry. I don't want to miss the bit when I'm sleeping.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @CothermanDistilling said: just ordered 2 for our 100 gal rum ferments starting next week, and sent in a question asking if they can connect to a bluetooth PC that updates google sheets...

The App will link directly to a basic Google Cloud Sheet that you can then use to interpret the data in any way you want via any access you want

• @geoff400. Thanks very much for the link. These things look great.

• I think I need a commission ;)

• edited July 2017

Now I'm the boy with the Dragon Tattoo, well my second dragon i guess.

Just goes to show we're in it for the long haul.

image.jpg
    450 x 800 - 44K

• edited July 2017

Been gone for three weeks to the middle of the Great Victoria Desert basically cleaning up road borrow pits and bore Turkey Nests with a dozer and a excavator for camel safety ( which we saw heaps ) and re-vegetation. This is after a unsuccessful oil drilling attempt at two of their planned three sites. Red dirt, campfires, great tucker ( as i was cooking it ) , no people mostly only three of us, as it was super remote. The first three days was a bit tough as we were pulling road trains of equipment thru sloppie roads as it rained a fair bit but after that apart from the big frosts every day was great as warm to hot.

Three pictures attached basically 800km from any civilization. My road-train only on the really good road which was quite a bit as the road was prepped for the semis carrying the drill rig -the Nissan pulling the Toyota pulling the caravan followed by the dunny. Would have been better if the Toyota was doing the pulling but could not be. The dozer driver and boss at second drill site. Lastly Ooldea siding ( on the Nullarbor ) at the start of the dead longest straight stretch of rail track in the world 478 km. It tough to be home but a bath was REALLY good but the noise of the grannie kids was a bit hard to handle but also OK.

Cashed up again - might have to buy some more Stilldragon but more likely a Japanese medium Konro charcoal BBQ as my reward. Might even try a batch of genuine Tosa Binchotan charcoal to burn it in then try to locate some Gidgee charcoal.

Last two pictures taken with the app Theodolite which is excellent if you like to mark your location as does not need mobile network connection though a bit tough on battery.

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 97K
    2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 99K
    3.jpg
    800 x 450 - 99K
  • Great stuff mate. Love hearing and seeing how the other half lives.

• So, are those the official coordinates for Bumfuck, Egypt?

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited July 2017

No dumbfuck Roddinia ( Canadian I think ) now bankrupt after sucking money thru venture shares and a great PR campaign. Top western border of South Australia very close to WA near Serpentine Lakes. Two of the three planned wells 3km deep into f---ing hard rock starting at 28" dia ending at 6". While i did service the drill rig air con and refrigeration the best part was when they were doing the survey shot lines ( air cons on dozers and campsite )- then the seismic part of the survey. They had a big thumper and receivers placed every 100m along the track and drove along dropping steel plate then vibrating the shit out of the ground.

The reason they were the good days as the roads then were just tracks out in the desert and i was going every couple of weeks super remote and sometimes close to 50 degrees C. The roads were upgraded when they decided where they were going to drill - to get the semis in with their equipment and of course the made heaps of borrow pits and bores with turkey nests. These are what we were returning to nature and uncompacting the ground and leveling the nests so nature could recover.

Waste of time in my opinion as it is history in a place where no one goes. Plus nature is tough and would have reclaimed it anyway. All good fun and the money was good and this time i was camp bitch so no great challenge as the one thing i am super good at is looking after my guts. Bit like @punkin i imagine looking at his posts.

Punch the coordinates into google earth of the wellhead.

• edited July 2017

You used the polite term for camp bitch ;;)

• Whats the other term that i cant think of ?

• Was always the guy cooking was camp slut when a bunch of blokes went away in my group.

• Same thing except there was no grabbing me by the ears and dragging me behind the van for instant gratification in this case. Trust me - did not happen.

• The old question 'If you woke up with 20 cents on your pillow would you tell anyone e?'

• Saw a show on Four Corners about catholic priests and the hierarchy in Philadelphia last night. Bastards did not even bother to leave 5 cents let alone 20 cents. Nut em and string em i reckon.

• I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QNPB9naZQg

Taking the modular concept into the home.

This is pretty much how i will be building my new office in the new shed.

• edited October 2017

Fabricating a Procap for the new SD 48" MegaDragon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWXFhdeOjMY

• Bet my little brother's been there. He's a manager for a company that builds trains.

Big Procaps are not that big but certainly as big as a housebrick.

Ask Larry to post his video of the first test.

• You mean there's a Little Punkin?

• edited October 2017

Well he's bigger than me but younger. His head is not so punkin shaped either.

He rides a late model triumph but other than that he's ok.

• edited October 2017

@punkin said: He rides a late model triumph but other than that he's ok.

Could be worse. Could be a rice-burner.

I had a Triumph 150 (largest bike engine allowed on the island) when I lived in Bermuda in the early 70s. Cool bike.

• Yeah i had an XS1100 before the Guzzi. For a rice burner it was a fucking cool bike.

Fully customised to a monstrous cafe racer though.

• Having brothers is a good thing I think. I have four of them. Two older and two younger. Have three sisters also.