50L Stainless Steel Fermenter

edited November 2013 in Accessories

Christmas came early this year at my house.
Santa dropped off a 50 liter fermenter.

Shown with the racking arm, yeast harvester and butterfly valves.

It is getting cold here so it will be quite some time before it is put to use.

50l_stainless_steel_fermenter_front.jpg
600 x 799 - 60K
50l_stainless_steel_fermenter_side.jpg
600 x 800 - 57K

Comments

• nice. how long before those are available?

• Beautiful mate. I would have a real market here for those if we could compete. Such a pity it's so tight as to be uneconomical.

An internal coil would mean you would not have to worry about whether its hot or cold. Small fridge with an element and pump in a sump controlled by an stc 1000 and you are in business.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited November 2013

@punkin said: Beautiful mate. I would have a real market here for those if we could compete. Such a pity it's so tight as to be uneconomical.

An internal coil would mean you would not have to worry about whether its hot or cold. Small fridge with an element and pump in a sump controlled by an stc 1000 and you are in business.

Or heat coil and mash in the fermenter. do a stainless loop and add a triclamp fitting for the steam ...

• So beautiful! Stainless makes such a huge difference. Of course it comes at a price, but I'd say it's definitely worth it (we have a strong anti-plastic movement here in Europe).

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Every year there are plans to construct a climate controlled fermenter cabinet by this time next year; this year is the same of course :))

All that's needed is a big old styrofoam box and an incandescent light bulb for heat. Successfully incubated chicken eggs as a kid with that simple tech.

Its not so much the cost of the conical body, its all the other things that add up. The racking arm, lid with giant band clamp, thermometer with its own sanitary port and thermowell, legs and locking casters, etc, etc,... it all adds up. Then put a couple hundred bucks more for the valves and yeast harvester.

You can buy a LOT of Brute trash cans for what this cost and do pretty much the same thing. Without the valves and harvester its right at a grand for one of these.
    If there is interest just contact your SD distributor and leave a small deposit. Its too late now to have them made before Chinese new year but we could make a few after then.

Admittedly, it's not something that was absolutely needed, it's just something that was wanted for a long time and when Tan wasn't keeping a close eye on me it got ordered.

Then an insulated 70L boiler was ordered and now she keeps a much closer eye on me :-j

When all of this comes together it should be my dream setup. But wait! you say, 50L fermenter and 70L boiler? Yeah, I know, but the fermenter was on order before the space for the boiler was measured and I squeezed in the biggest possible into the corner that Tan allows me to occupy. It is being made a bit more squat and with shorter legs to be able to stack in a couple of more plates.
    With luck we should be putting all of this together in about a month. Santa was good to me while Tan was dozing.