StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Video - Fadge's way of using air to assist with transferring wash from fermenters to boiler

edited November 2013 in Usage

Hi, all I've read a few posts and spotted a few pics with the guys around here using air to help in transferring the wash from fermenters into the boiler, they all appear well setup, with air compressors and dedicated connections, some with inline filters etc.

I'm not setup to that extent yet, but have a work around that may help others that need to do the same thing on a bit of a smaller scale without busting the bank.

The main reason is no matter what we plan in most cases the fermenter taps are on the bottom, the boiler fill port is on top, and unless you have the fermenters up high...well water does not run uphill.

I've done buckets and will spill it sometimes, overflow, cant tip into funnel properly, wear some on the feet etc, if it can fuckup it will. Done the syphon thing, but wash tastes like crap doing it the old fashioned way, finish up spitting wash out and then the hose may "miss" the hole and wash spills again.

So I thought about the guys and the air thing, then reckon I had a brain moment....Video attached.

http://youtu.be/46uX5MGz61I

Its a simple hose from fermenter tap to the boiler, PLUS a simple, basic, cheap ass hand pump that you would use for a blow up bed (or toy!)

Works a treat in the airlock rubber grommet, I've tested this on 30Lt and 60Lt barrels as perfect. Takes very little effort/air to move almost the entire wash into the boiler, one or two pumps every now and again does it. Once nearly empty its easy to move the barrel a bit higher or drain the last bit out if needed.

Just though I'd share, and thanks for the guys on here for the pics they posted.

Fadge

Tagged:

Comments