StillDragon Professional Grade Distillery Control Systems

Hey gang,

Here is where we are at now. These controllers are coming out of a UL rated shop and UL approved drawings are provided.

The HMI screen choices for this batch distillery show a home screen, a recipe screen, and a distillery control screen.
We can also integrate other vessels into the panel to create a centralized control station.

Distillery Control Screen.jpg
800 x 600 - 79K
Recipe Screen.jpg
800 x 598 - 48K
Landing Screen.jpg
800 x 595 - 47K

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

Comments

• edited July 2022

And an example of the physical enclosure set up to control distillery, cooker, fermenters and relevant pumps.

The leprechaun pictured for scale.

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 90K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 66K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 81K

• we all love the scale sized leprechaun!

• @CothermanDistilling said: we all love the scale sized leprechaun!

Haha. Yeah he'll just have to do :)

• edited July 2022

very noice!

I noticed on the distillery control screen that the product condenser cooling water inlet is at the top of the condenser instead of the bottom ie not counterflow. As you know this is not the most efficient and is susceptible to air pockets.

A couple of other suggestions:

1. Offer retrofit kits (the sensors, valves etc) so the unit can be added to existing installations
    2. Make a smaller remote operator HMI Control panel so the smarts can be some distance from the stills (ATEX etc) and the control is still accessible by an operator near the still
  • How much for the Leprechaun ???

• edited July 2022

@crozdog said: very noice!

I noticed on the distillery control screen that the product condenser cooling water inlet is at the top of the condenser instead of the bottom ie not counterflow. As you know this is not the most efficient and is susceptible to air pockets.

Ok right. I'll get Ryan to fix that.

@crozdog said: A couple of other suggestions: 1. Offer retrofit kits (the sensors, valves etc) so the unit can be added to existing installations

That might be a tough one because of trying to spec the enclosure size. There is somewhat of a standard for spacing / clearance between components

@crozdog said: 2. Make a smaller remote operator HMI Control panel so the smarts can be some distance from the stills (ATEX etc) and the control is still accessible by an operator near the still

Seems so many folks would rather have the larger HMI. BTW, the system can be accessed from a lap top so being at the actual controller is not really an issue in that regard. But thanks a bunch for the input Croz.

• edited July 2022

OK, all fixed.

Distillery Control Screen.jpg
    800 x 600 - 77K

• Thanks Larry, Happy to help.

Re my suggestion of a "retrofit kit" I wasn't suggesting to change the enclosure etc, quite the opposite. I was suggesting that you can sell it as is with the required sensors and valves to distilleries to install into their existing operation. That way you can sell it as part of a complete package (eg still, brewhouse, fermertners etc + the control system) & also offer it as just the controller and required sensors / valves to add to an existing operation.

Really cool that it's accessible via a laptop. Does that mean it's possible to access via a phone or tablet too?

• Yes. Remote trouble shooting also.