StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New member from Sydney, Australia

Hi all,

Long-time brewer just starting to read about distilling. Great to have those videos demonstrating equipment and seeing the process in action. Thanks for the forum - plenty of useful information.

Cheerio MF

Comments

• Hi Mike,

welcome from another sydney sider who has progressed through the brewing ranks then branched out to distilling. Your knowledge, equipment and experience will be very useful, there is just a few more things to add. Lots of guys start without the knowledge of fermentation from brewing & still do well, so you're ahead of the game.

like a lot of things, reading is good, but actually doing is better. you will learn more from 1 days practical experience than a week of reading - especially if you have done the reading before the practice ;-)

like brewing you are aiming to control the process to be able to produce quality products. Once you get used to a few terms, it all falls into place.

Make sure you ask plenty of questions

• I wish I started out beer first, then distilling. If you can make a great all grain beer, you will make an excellent whisky

• Welcome mate.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @Law_Of_Ohms said: I wish I started out beer first, then distilling. If you can make a great all grain beer, you will make an excellent whisky

So very true, I also wish I'd had the fermenting experience before taking up distilling.

Welcome @mikeFallopian! Jump in with both feet.

• Welcome Mike.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Welcome @mikeFallopian, step right in and let us take part in your brewing experience. Everybody is welcome to share lots of pictures and videos, we don't just write about stuff here, we experience it. :)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum