StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

DonMateo's Distillery Shed

Comments

• Thanks @smaug. Hey the Argentine government just announced a blanket ban on imports. You need specific permission for the importing of anything prior to importation. That includes agricultural chemicals bottles, equipment anything. The workers paradise. I still cant believe I am here.

• edited July 2022

OK this is for the engineers. This is the overall layout with sanitary drainage. They screwed up the equipment that I am getting as I am getting 5 mashtuns made. So the process equipment is in a basic process flow.

Galpón - Pl Sanitario- OP.1 (PDF)

pdf
    pdf
    Galpón - Pl Sanitario- OP.1.pdf
  • Is there a plumbing reason for having the equipment set up in a linear fashion? If possible, consider the number of foot steps that have to be taken between the equipment for each step of the process. The least amount of distance you have to walk and the product must travel in pipes/hoses should be considered in locating the equipment.

• @lowball said: Is there a plumbing reason for having the equipment set up in a linear fashion? If possible, consider the number of foot steps that have to be taken between the equipment for each step of the process. The least amount of distance you have to walk and the product must travel in pipes/hoses should be considered in locating the equipment.

Yes. His floor drains are located on the wall where all of the equipment is landed.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• No plumbing reason but when i build my tasting room i will put in full height glass with the big copper still being visible from the bar. I understand the piping thing but for me thats not as importantbas having my main still close to the main tasting room. Thanks for the feedback. I know i will have to use hoses for connecting from the fermenters to the stripping still. Its only going to be 18 meters at worst so managable.

• edited July 2022

OK, new security grills on the Windows.

IMG-20220712-WA0003.jpg
    450 x 800 - 15K
  • edited July 2022

Cutting emergency door in main access door for fire exit requirements.

IMG-20220712-WA0017.jpg
    450 x 800 - 60K
  • edited July 2022

1969 double sliding door VB Kombi bus awaiting to be send for interior fit out. OK, this has nothing to do with the shed.

IMG-20220706-WA0005.jpg
    800 x 450 - 52K
  • Turn that bus into the tasting room bar

• edited July 2022

Yaass

1.jpg
    800 x 602 - 64K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 84K

• I mean, I love the bus, but I love the bar too.

• Sure but this bus is a 69 double door slider. Which are as rare as rocking horse shit. In 69 VW made about 150000 buses but only 200 double door sliders. So if i wanted a kombi bar bus you can buy chopped brazillian buses for 4 or 5k here. My double door 69 slider is worth over 50k or more when the restoration is complete. It hard to say what its worth as there are so few of them. I am going to drive it hopefully soon. I cant beleive one of them made it here to argentina

• Poor mans Corvair :))

Left heaps of kombi's for dead up the hills and on the highways in the Rampie. 4 cylinders don't beat 6's. :-*

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited July 2022

Reminds me of something... :-?

EDIT: Ah, here it is! b-(

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• I’ve always wanted the bus, I think it’s one of the most elegantly designed, beautiful vehicles ever made.

Simplicity in the design, obviously utilitarian, but so perfectly done. Doing simple really well is hard. Cars today have so much styling for styling sake it makes them busy and ugly.

• Wonderful example of “form follows function”

• edited July 2022

This is my kombi pickup.

IMG-20220618-WA0004.jpg
    800 x 450 - 88K
  • @DonMateo said: This is my kombi pickup.

Those are worth the mint here in the states because of the rarity. Absolute clunkers can sell for 30-40k.

The ones done up with a complete refurbishment are like 150K

• Thanks mate. This has had a full restoration and it goes really well. I just like the onda as they say. My mechanic has one for sale for 2k. But it needs a full tour for a restoration.

• edited July 2022

Large Door fixed with small man door put in it .

IMG-20220728-WA0000.jpg
    450 x 800 - 47K
  • edited July 2022

Solid traps in waste water line.

IMG-20220726-WA0006.jpg
    450 x 800 - 77K
  • edited August 2022

Control panels in place.

IMG-20220802-WA0001.jpg
    450 x 800 - 36K
  • edited August 2022

Water piping being put in. With cable tray above.

IMG-20220808-WA0021.jpg
    800 x 450 - 45K
  • edited August 2022

Final grain trap.

IMG-20220806-WA0000.jpg
    450 x 800 - 86K
  • How often do you anticipate having to empty the trap?

• @smaug, thats a very good question. I actually put in three traps, heading into an infiltration trench. So the first one, probably once a week. The second one maybe once a month. The last and biggest one, maybe once a month.

• The control panels and water system lines will be in at the end of the week. Maybe the cooling water tanks as well.

• edited August 2022

All 4 water lines in. Just finishing and valves

20220810_103213.jpg
    800 x 600 - 69K
  • Coming along nicely.