StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Loony bin and crazy ideas

15678911»

Comments

• edited October 2016

@bronco said: ...the curves are not perfect but close enough. I might try a lookup table and then interpret the data between lookup table points. Maybe a little better we will see..

The R squared values for both curves show excellent correlation.

Instead of a lookup table, just have a cell in your spreadsheet where you enter the temperature (x value). Then have a second cell with your equation in it that uses the value entered in the temperature cell to solve for y, and displays that solution as abv.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited October 2016

@bronco said: Making control box and wanted to have ABV using temp.

I don't know if this ok talking about over sites but there is sone really good info about

Edited by @Moonshine: I'm sorry, but we can not allow links to websites considered to be competition to the StillDragon® Organization.

• How about preheating a Carter Head with a hot air gun to avoid that initial buildup of condensate?

• You might loose your volatiles if you're not careful.
    Insulation would be first on the list.

• Loose volatiles are easily tightened up with the right kind of wrench...

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• once they get a certain age no wrench is going to tighten those volatiles unless it is particularly cold

• I don't know what the problem is. I like my volatiles loose

• edited October 2016

You'd have condensation on the walls of the carter head through the whole run, not just at startup. I second insulation being more effective than preheating.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could probably get a small silicone heating pad element and push a couple watts into it. You would probably never see any kind of payback on the mod though, it's going to be so inconsequential.

• @Unsensibel said: I don't know what the problem is. I like my volatiles loose

Volatiles are like stools;

better tight.

• Finally worked out what you losers are on about :)

• hey I resemble that insinuation!

• I can see how my frenetic spelling might be misinterpreted.