StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

SD New Stuff

2»

Comments

• How did you get your arms in the column?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @Law_Of_Ohms said: No arms, but my head fits in a 8in ferrule!

You clearly have many talents L_O_O :))

• edited December 2013

Not exactly new stuff but this works well for me.
    My fermenter came with a 1.5" ferrule and a hose barb but putting a tube in a jar of water was just not very elegant so after trying so many ways to fit my bubbler this is kinda cool.

The bubbler fits the push connect perfectly and is very easy on and easy off.
    Thinking perhaps to order a few push connects in "bulkhead" style so a bubbler could easily be added to any vessel. Something like this sample:

bubbler.jpg
    600 x 800 - 79K
    bulkhead_push_connect.jpg
    800 x 599 - 43K
  • edited December 2013

SMS Sight Glass Unions. I presume these are like the attached with the weld on male part attached to a triclamp ferrule. Flat mating edges to trap the glass between the gaskets.

SMS Union Fittings

Are these being offered in addition to, or as replacements for the brass SGK?

If you could offer the SMS union + glass, NOT attached to anything - it could be used with a flared copper tube to make a solder in sight glass kit for the copper self build fraternity.

The male screwed part is put onto the flared copper tube before it is soldered into whatever it is being attached to. In my case it would be nice to put a 4" version into the headspace on a copper boiler.

floating SMS sight glass.jpg
    600 x 600 - 21K
  • I have those in stock in 2" and have them arriving in a couple of weeks in other sizes. I just haven't listed them (like a lot of other stuff) yet.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand