StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Show Us Your Dragon

Comments

• edited February 2015

@punkin said: One of my customers just sent me these pics of his 5" Dash 2 Promodel

Any chance he's willing to participate in our community here?

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• He asked me to post the pics for him, so i'm guessing he's shy =((

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• So tidy. Really well thought out.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited February 2015

kWh is the "volume" of power consumed. It's nice to have a kWh totalizer for calculating power costs, and service life of the elements. It looks like the panel has a kWh readout for each element.

Nice setup BTW.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• I like the SS plumbing. And the color of the shed. And the setup...I hate this guy :))

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Wowza, definitely the most pro home setup I have seen (assuming that's what this is). Love the built in barrel racks...

• Stainless steel control panel......he has too much money. Stainless steel cooling lines....he has too much money. Sell him more stuff Punkin. Sweet setup though. I love the rack of barrels on the right and that boiler looks so good.

• Haha he's putting an order in tonight mate.

One of the best i've ever seen for sure. How tidy is that control box?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Very nice and super compact. Thank him for us, it's great that he's willing to share.

PS, his control panel would do me just nicely right now. My old system is need of an upgrade.

• It is a nice control panel, hate to think what that cabinet cost unless it fell off a wall somewhere :D

• @Lloyd wants a project, sell that turn-key for each of the three continents for about $10k... I know @smaug could sell 10 at the ADI Conference, the copper ones from Holstein were $30k I think

• Actually I want less projects.

• @Lloyd said: Actually I want less projects.

=)) That's like me saying I want to stop building copper shiny things. Do you ever stop doing SD development?

• edited February 2015

What she says!!!!

Khaleesi.jpg
    800 x 532 - 51K
  • @Myles said: =)) That's like me saying I want to stop building copper shiny things. Do you ever stop doing SD development?

Not yet but hoping to soon. More time with Tan on vacation, less time fussing over StillDragon.
    Not saying completely stop but hoping to cut our time in half or more.
    I let SD consume all of our time and we need to let that take a back seat for awhile. She is more important to me than StillDragon will ever be.
    She loves it - the problem solving, the negotiations, the search for better/cheaper... but it takes its toll in many hours spent and when every little damn thing does not work out, the crushing reality that so much effort was wasted.

We are both needing a good long break together. CNY is always hard on us.

• edited February 2015

Watching you guys develop StillDragon over the last few years has been amazing, and inspiring. I am developing a business along similar lines (only a completely different product). It is taking off better than I imagined. Lots of hours, but the return on investment is pretty mind boggling.

One downside is that I will be very busy when the ADI conference is happening in Louisville this year. There's always next year yah?

• Any hints as to what is is there @Kapea? Seems like your a like minded soul and I would always rather buy local...like from within this online community :)

• Making salty water not salty. When you live on an island there is a good demand for that.

• @Kapea said: Making salty water not salty. When you live on an island there is a good demand for that.

How well does it treat your yeast?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @Kapea said: Making salty water not salty. When you live on an island there is a good demand for that.

Solar powered?

• edited February 2015

@Smaug said: How well does it treat your yeast?

Not for me and my yeast. I use rainwater for that.

@Mickiboi said: Solar powered?

Most applications have no solar. A few remote locations have PV and wind. 7 and 10 hp electric pumps need a whole hillside of PV panels for power. Hell, they need VFDs to convert single phase to three phase running on grid tie. (not commercial applications so onsite three phase is rare)

• Pump saltwater into the volcano and condense the resulting steam? Now that would be one hell of a steam stripper.

• @Grim I'm working on retrofitting a desulfurization scrubber on the volcano to remove all the nasty sulfur dioxide from it's gas plume. I'm gonna have a shitload of gypsum available in the near future. Anybody want to go into the drywall business? ;)

• @grim said: Pump saltwater into the volcano and condense the resulting steam? Now that would be one hell of a steam stripper.

Or a geothermal power plant...

• edited March 2015

Hi Guys

Got my new bits today and now have my very own Baby Dragon Hybrid.

It's a 3 plate Baby Crystal Dragon on a 2-4-2 Torpedo with a 510mm section for packing.

For cooling and takeoffs I have both a dephlagmator and a boka coil at the top, take off can be via boka slant plates (for heads) or VM arm, the boka can also be removed and replaced with a cap for standard CM control, I've got a few litres of feints, (mainly heads with some hearts) from previous runs so I'll be running this as a cleaning run.

Looking forward to playing with it soon, big thanks to @SDeurope and @Sunshine for their excellent service and fast delivery :-)

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 82K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 86K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 82K
    4.jpg
    600 x 800 - 92K
    5.jpg
    600 x 800 - 88K
    6.jpg
    600 x 800 - 78K
  • Cool setup @Anavrin ! You'll have yourself some tasty vodka in no time.

I know those SD thermometers are inexpensive, but you throw darts at them?! :))

• That's indeed an impressive setup, @Anavrin. We hope to see more from you. :-bd

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited April 2015

Just blinged it with a keg

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 89K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 93K
  • My next personal still, discovered in a super secret facility on our China trip:

The New StillDragon Vacuum Super Secret Super Still

=))

The_New_StillDragon_Vacuum_Super_Secret_Super_Still.jpg
    800 x 600 - 126K