StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Show Us Your Dragon

Comments

• Double your pleasure? or Double trouble! :-?

first_twin_crystal_dragon.jpg
    800 x 600 - 81K
  • @captainshooch wow! Two ears, two eyes, two boobs, two...well everything has to be in pairs, in case something goes wrong. I see, you understand the principle of nature! :-?

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• cool, how does it run like that?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited September 2014

Ok that is a fierce looking two headed dragon.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited September 2014

That's pretty fun, I wonder if you can use a technique like that to stack and trap the heads fractions.

Have one column with the dephlegmator, no parrot. Run one side in 100% reflux for a good while, very deep liquid depths, when ready, switch over to the alternate column to run.

• @punkin sort of like dancing on a wire with both ends on fire =))
    It's really hard to get em both running at same speed, ProCaps (on the right) want to overrun the Standard caps (on the left). Set this up to compare the product profile for each set of caps. I could not tell any diference. But it sure was a chore making it run.

• @grim I'm sure you could with some king of valve to stack one column then switch to the other one for hearts, then back to the first for tails. Can be done.

• @Sunshine even the two elements are both on DIY kits just in case one takes a dump but so far all is well. My head hurts, I need a break from the shed =))

• @Drunkas I am a very dedicated person, love my hobby seriously, =)) =))

• Guess I'm gonna catch more grief from @Drunkas for showing this, but I have to, It is going to be the Baby's new set up. I can't wait to set it up

Baby Dragon's soon to be new home.JPG
    396 x 800 - 53K
  • edited September 2014

@captainshooch said: Drunkas I am a very dedicated person, love my hobby seriously, =)) =))

I love your work mate I am just a jealous bugger who's not up to your level yet
    :D

• @captainshooch said: punkin sort of like dancing on a wire with both ends on fire =))
    It's really hard to get em both running at same speed, ProCaps (on the right) want to overrun the Standard caps (on the left). Set this up to compare the product profile for each set of caps. I could not tell any diference. But it sure was a chore making it run.

So it didn't taste like E85 then? =))

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Our in house testing facility confirms that assumption @punkin :D

• Fuel plant permit holders are not allowed to send off samples for any testing....fucked up laws eh! It must all be done "in house".WTF?

• edited September 2014

Just trying to keep up with captainshooch with my swan

super_stripper.jpg
    480 x 800 - 56K
  • edited September 2014

This one is showing most parts that I have but I set it up in different ways for runs other than neutral

Cheers

stp.jpg
    448 x 800 - 50K
  • Yup @Ak49er absolutely spot on!

Thanks for all the kind comments - but really it's down to Lloyd and his team. All I did was screw the bits together and replace the red and blue plastic with chrome plated copper pipe. The best thing of all is that the spirit it produces is being incredibly well received by such prestigious shops as Whole Food Market and Harvey Nichols (an up-market department store in UK)

• Wasn't me or SD team @Grip. You did everything.
    We only helped with the parts that you ordered.
    But thanks for saying so.

Truth is we are less than half, the best half comes from people like you that take it all the extra mile.

• edited September 2014

Indeed. Its is true that really good spirits can be made with a few cobbled together parts. This guy Nate at 2bar Distillery is proof of that because his rig is a cobbled together LM contraption with a hilarious looking plate chiller for a product condenser. But the guy has demand that he can not keep up with,,,,,, mostly cuz his rig is slow but that is another matter. He has demand and that counts for something.

It is the distiller that makes the good product, not the machine.

I have mentioned a few times that of all the rum samples I have tasted at the Miami Renaissance Rum Festival, the rum from the big fancy European still was my least favorite. Not because the still was flawed in any way. But rather the distiller was not mindful and it seemed he was collecting very deep into tails to the point where the fabled rum oils were simply just translating as tailsy rum.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited February 2015

Bump!

StillDragon Europe - 30L Stove Top Boiler with Weldless Bulkhead Fitting and Baby Crystal Dragon

StillDragon_Europe_30L_Stove_Top_Boiler_with_Weldless_Bulkhead_Fitting_and_Baby_Crystal_Dragon.jpg
    600 x 800 - 72K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• That is nice. All you need now is an expanded foam insert so you can pack the modular components for transport inside the boiler.

Talk about a gift pack! Who wouldn't want that as a present?

• Stainless Fermenter It Is!

StillDragon_Europe_30L_Stove_Top_Boiler_used_as_Fermenter.jpg
    600 x 600 - 57K

• edited February 2015

You wake up in the middle of the night, it's so hot and sweaty, gotta touch some stainless to cool down! :x

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited February 2015

One of my customers just sent me these pics of his 5" Dash 2 Promodel. The boiler is 200l, perfectly sized.

Sweet setup for sure.

1.jpg
    800 x 597 - 90K
    2.jpg
    598 x 800 - 81K
    3.jpg
    598 x 800 - 54K
    4.jpg
    598 x 800 - 71K
    5.jpg
    598 x 800 - 81K

• I like the kWh readout. Is it for each run, or continuous?

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Your customer pisses me off for a number of reasons :D

• I'm assuming that's what he's putting into each of his 4800 watt elements (or 2 out the three of them anyway).