Water Pumps

I've got one of these:

Clarke SPE1200SS water pump

It does an excellent job of running 4x condenser lines from a water tank.

However, it is very noisy.

Can anyone recommend a pump that is relatively quiet?

Preferably with 1 inch inlet and outlets.

image.jpg
458 x 361 - 25K
Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 12

If anyone is interested, I bought this model. Much quieter.

Clarke BPT600.

image.jpg
    800 x 365 - 41K
  • The pump is huge.

I use a pump half the size for my 1000l still.

• But is it quiet? I need a "booster" style pump with a pressurised air chamber, otherwise it is too noisy.

I'm working within a few metres of the pump.

These are pretty cheap to buy anyway.

• Silent.

Helps to run 3/4 or 1” hose. The 3/8” push fit tubing I see everyone use is far too restrictive. Great for municipal water under pressure, murder on pumps.

• Ta.

What make and model is the pump?

The one above is pretty good, but completely silent is always better.

• Cast iron volute in your new pump vs stainless steel volute in the old model.
    The pressure tank allows the pump to cycle on and off at pressures set in the pressure switch. Typical pressure switch preset pressures here in the US are pump on at 40psi, pump off at 60psi. On/off pressure settings adjustable by turning a couple of adjustment nuts inside the pressure switch.

You can smooth out the cooling water flow rates by installing a pressure reducing valve on the pump discharge pipe going to your condensers. Use a pressure reducing valve that is set at or below the pump-on pressure setting, e.g. A 35psi pressure reducing valve for a 40 psi pump-on setting. That will insure your condensers will receive constant flow at 35psi. Single value pressure reducing valves are pretty inexpensive, and can be found in the irrigation section of big-box hardware stores.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• We use Grundfos Alpha circulator pumps.

• @grim

What are the connectors you used on the pump?

They are 1.5" threaded.

Struggling to find anything other than 1.5" to 15mm compression, which is not suitable for my use.