The All Grain Thread

2»

Comments

• I agree with the mouthfeel on the oats. Triticale, wheat and oats were my favourite grains to play with (finished product) in that order. If i drank whiskey i would have concentrated on them.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I have been doing a 100% wheat vodka for 2 years+. I use a 3 phase enzyme for mashing...Some of the finest tasting Vodka around ;-)

• @Mtr_Distiller said: I have been doing a 100% wheat vodka for 2 years+. I use a 3 phase enzyme for mashing...Some of the finest tasting Vodka around ;-)

I just got my third enzyme and will start using it on my 50/50 mash. Got pretty lucky with my first attempt as I ended up with about a 5% ABV after fermenting.

FC

• Just some more to add. I am just on the end of 6 x 200l washes 50/50 malted wheat/triticale, and I did a smoked triticale, and a straight triticale. 20% malted barley 80% triticale. But with all of them I have been adding liquid low temp alpha amylayse getting brix 10 and 12s. Liquid enzymes make all the difference. But loving workign with Triticale. No glucans and sticky mess like you get with Rye but with a lot of the flavor. Great fun. Tomorrow another couple of mashes of straight triticale. Yeyyy.. Next week is stripping and spirit runs and then starting it all over again.