StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Boiler

2»

Comments

• Only one of these boilers left in Aus for this year and looks like it's spoken for.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited November 2013

Beautiful setup. You'll have a lot of good times with all of the configurations available to you with that.

Question on your parrot setup, do you have some sort of a vent in it to prevent surging? Maybe that's what the contraption after the tri-clamp fitting is?

parrot.jpg
    480 x 526 - 50K
  • Hi @Jung you got it there are 4 holes drilled in the top part of the 25-15 reducer.

• @punkin said: Only one of these boilers left in Aus for this year and looks like it's spoken for.

Whoever has bought the boiler will be very very happy with it as I am with mine. The quality is outstanding

• like that parrot. Custom?

• @nvnovrts said: like that parrot. Custom?

Sure is that got changed that many times its not funny. I first made it when there was a bubble ball and 4 plates on a keg boiler. Then I got the new boiler that ment a different length that was the first change then the Gin Basket came another change then dropped the bubble ball out that's where the long radius curve came in. It follows the boiler shape perfectly.

• edited December 2013

I'm curious to know more about your copper copper bowl that you made out of reducers. Where did you find those copper reducers or are they custom?

boiler sd.jpg
    452 x 800 - 90K
  • The reducers are a common fitting. You can fit a 4" stainless ferrule in them but the 6" ferrules don't you would need a slip joint or do an easy flange. Ive found it doesn't seal that well unless its a spot on fit. They cost me $30 in West Aus