Anybody using two paddles attached to the agitator?

I am currently using a 1000 litre baine marie kettle to mash in grain.

The agitator needs to be supplemented by an electric hi speed drill and paint stirrer in order to properly mash in.

Further, I circulate cold water thru the jacket to cool down the mash. Its a slow process.

Could I benefit by adding another paddle about 12 inches above the existing one to aid in my processes?

Any body tried this in the past?

Would it overload the motor or gear box?

Thanks,
Copper Crow

Comments

• We'll git you one with two. Email Jeff and we'll get it done.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Only thing is that for mashing, even two paddles in a distillation kettle will be less than optimal.

• Cool! Thanks, Guys. I will contact Jeff early next week. So you are aware, This is the SD kettle I purchased new but never used from a contact Jeff gave to me last year. My big still, SD purchased thru Jeff, is a 1200 litre baine marie, 12 inch crystal dragon (12 plate), with whiskey helmet and gin basket. Also in my inventory is an 350 litre SD kettle being used as a filtering tank for my 190 proof spirits. We also have a 50 gallon SD with a ten plate column and double deflag. Hope to have some soft openings either late March or April, as soon as our labels are done. Thanks again, Copper Crow

• edited March 2018

Im not sure about the shaft sizing. But we can work out the specs with an email or two. Can you post a pic or two of inside and out. What size/model is the transmission?

• Smaug, Will send specs and pictures. Need help form my wife with the picture download however. Unless I can just send it thru the phone to Jeff. I have his number already. Thanks

• Sure thats prolly the easiest.

• Keep the top paddle below your normal fill line or risk splashing out the manway.

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• Thanks,Dad. Wonder just how many times I said that in the past? Probably not enuf when my father was still with us.