StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Law of Ohm's Models

Comments

• I like it. Can i use it?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• They are beautiful images! Personally I like traditional and I'd like to see copper sight glass rims. I know they don't touch the liqour so it'd be just cosmetic but at last they'd look like oldschool moonshinin hardware.

Damo.

PDF
    PDF
    Assem3.PDF
    2M
    PDF
    PDF
    ssr heatsink.PDF
    PDF
    PDF
    pot2.PDF
    PDF
    PDF
    SSR.PDF
    box 1.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 33K
    SSR and heat sink render.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 328K
  • I guess only 1 needs to be a locking castor, that should save a few $$

• If only one was locking it would roll around in a circle at the point of the one locking caster, probably two is needed

• He makes it look real. He's pulled my bacon out of the fire more than once while I'm trying to relate an idea to a factory.

• Another idea from Philter.....

Turn a keg into a conical fermenter.....

conical fermenter.JPG
    679 x 951 - 43K
    conical fermenter 2.JPG
    660 x 1018 - 38K
  • Make it the 50L Milk Can Boiler instead of a KEG.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• fill it up and, add a section of pipe to the top, to catch the yeast... and a valve to the fill port to remove the wash... just turn the milk can boiler over upside down put it on a stand

and there ya go... or something like that

• edited July 2013

This is what Philter and i were discussing, much less joints. Gunna eliminate a few more joints too. Llloyd is working on an 8 x 3/4 tapered reducer with a 3/4 pulled branch out the side. So you can have a yeast and trub drain at the bottom and a wine, mash, wash or beer drain above it. Just weld an 8" ferrule on the bottom of a keg and you have the cheapest conical in the business

8inchreducerconeforfermenter1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 88K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• if you had an 8" screen to put on the fitting 8x3/4 reducer, you could have something like a false bottom and drain the fluids off and leave the grains above... yeast to the bottom grain stays up top... would that work Punkin?

• yep would work best in the setup like the photo. Could use a 4" screen that we actually have. Wouldn't need a 2" valve there either could have 1 inch or 3/4.

• Another smart product that I might have to invest in.

• @FullySilenced said: if you had an 8" screen to put on the fitting 8x3/4 reducer, you could have something like a false bottom and drain the fluids off and leave the grains above... yeast to the bottom grain stays up top... would that work Punkin?

I was thinking along those same lines FS. Use the conical base as a mash tun or fermenter - just with the addition/removal of the perforated plate. You could even macerate a lot of fruit and use the perforated plate as a filter bed.

So many possibilities.... :D

• I see that 8 inch ferrule on top of my keg and it allowing me to get in there and clean it out.

• edited July 2013

Looks like this...

image image

pressurecanner7.jpg
    640 x 480 - 80K
    pressurecanner4.jpg
    700 x 525 - 80K

• I like FS's idea on the 8" screen for a false bottom.

having an 8x3/4 reducer removes several joins where bugs can hide - important for a fermenter. LLoyd, from memory the optimum angle for the cone section of a conical fermenter is 60 degrees. That may help determine the length.

I'd weld 8" Ferrules top & bottom + legs on the bottom at whatever height is needed for the cone sections & fittings. Then on the top use a 8" blanking plate fitted with a grommet added for an airlock to turn a keg into a mash tun into a fermenter.

Top idea! Looking forward to seeing more

• Just did a 10 gallon panella wash... i collected all the trub at the bottom and had 1 quart of yeasties and other stuff at the bottom of the jar all said and done... As long as the volume in the cone was over 1/2 gallon /2L from drain valve to the side outlet it should be good to go... if not the cone angle would have to be increase for the volume

• punkin you got it but I wouldn't have diet coke coming out of mine. I have seen a couple of them and I and I droolllllll every time I see one. The 60 degree false bottom has to have a 2 in ferule. I'd multipurpose that baby as a funnel also. If I had your keg and I wanted to use it as a fermenter (multi purpose it) I would put my wash in it and turn the keg upside down to use that funnel/false bottom. Then I would put the bottom of keg (which as a fermenter would be in the top) a drain and use that to put my vapor lock in it. I wouldn't cut the bottom out. Shit, I would put that funnel on top of my keg and get an extra gal or 2 on my cooker if it is as big as it looks. Maybe I would try putting something like lava rocks to help with keeping from puking with the extra volume. I guess you understand you have my approval on the entire thing. Any idea of costs????? I bet that is pricey. WOW I want one or 2.

• That keg was a pressure cooker i built when i was into mycology. Ran it for a couple of years before i sold my entire mushroom spawn business and the cooker went with it and the flow bench and all the other stuff including cultures. I agree with all your points there Applepie. I don't like the 60 degree thing if that's how LoO drew it i like the longer taper even if it's not technically optimised. It will hold a lot more junk. I will talk to Lloyd about 2" on the bottom and possibly 2" pull on the side too?

We can always reduce down if people want 3/4 valves.

I think it will be a very handy fitting. Can't see mcStill or Milehi coming up with these inovations, even though they love to copy them.

It's a credit to our customers ideas and to Lloyds love of promoting the craft of distilling. This all started as a service to the hobby distilling community, and even though we are making a business of it, that value is still the foundation of our business. Bring the best possible product at the best possible price.

pressurecanner8.jpg
    700 x 525 - 125K

• @punkin said:

It's a credit to our customers ideas and to Lloyds love of promoting the craft of distilling. This all started as a service to the hobby distilling community, and even though we are making a business of it, that value is still the foundation of our business. Bring the best possible product at the best possible price.

+1 Not trying to sound like a cheer leader,,,,but this is the type of stuff that makes it really gratifying far beyond selling some bits and pieces. Hobbyists working to make it better for hobbyists.

I can talk about this stuff all day long. Greatest hobby ever.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• how about 30 degree?

then imagine it on top of a boiler with a single 8in bubble plate and a 2in packed column image

8in 2in.JPG
    499 x 419 - 23K
  • So this is wierrrrrd. mushroom businesssssssssssss. I used to grow them. Tell me more. I had the oak logs and had shatakee shrooms and they were great!!!!!!!!!! Are u in AU or US? Id like the funnel/ false bottom idea more it was taller. 2 inch on the sanke keg IMHO is a great idea.

• OH YEA NOW WE TALKN!!!!!!!1