StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

What is the way to duplicate a Gin Recipe using Gin Basket?

2»

Comments

• Here is a picture... the 4" filter disk is between the 4" pipe and the 4-8" reducer, the reducer makes a good stand if the condenser is removed, and the assembly can be removed, dumped, and cleaned... The 4x20" holds 1 kilo of juniper with a light crush

I know it is not offset anymore like the GB4, that is why I warm it up and run it hard after adding botanicals. The Gin does not suffer from this arrangement versus running it offset, my customers will attest to that.

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 108K
  • edited August 2017

@Kapea said: You can always redistill your mistakes.

This^

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Thanks for the pic - make sense now.

• edited August 2017

@CothermanDistilling. Just retread all this and looked at available parts to do it differently but came to a conclusion. A. I am happy with my setup with boiler and basket sizes. If I want just a bit more flavour I can put it in my vertical before the basket though I may look at hungry boards on my GB4

B. I bet you will be more than happy when you go to 8 " and onto your big boiler and finish at bottle strength without adding water.. It just feels right doing it this way.

$4800 for the 8" floor mounted basket is a bit steep but could be an answer and would solve the all the problems. Especially when it is a fair distance from boiler so boiler will stay clean The slops in the basket don't taste appealing at all.

You got a spare port available on top of the big boiler so you can access when needed to make it easier ?