50L Boiler Questions

A few questions about the 50L boiler with the Baby Crystal Dragon.

1. How much liquid do you usually put in so that it doesn't puke all over the place?
  2. With the Baby Dragon, what reducer do you guys recommend to go from the 4" to 2"? I have been looking at this guy to try and give some more head room to prevent puking: 4" x 2" Concentric Reducer @ StillDragon North America
  3. Anything else I should be concerned about going from an 8gal tank to the 50L tank?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hey Aczesc

I put upto 40L into my milkcan depending on the wash and if im running antifoam or not, puking tends to happen more if you use to much power if you have a slow heatup your generally ok

I would use a short wide adaptor as it will be more solid

Make sure you have enough power to run it

Ive gotten away with 1 2400w element but I recommend 2 if you can

• @Clickeral said: Hey Aczesc

I put upto 40L into my milkcan depending on the wash and if im running antifoam or not, puking tends to happen more if you use to much power if you have a slow heatup your generally ok

I would use a short wide adaptor as it will be more solid

Make sure you have enough power to run it

Ive gotten away with 1 2400w element but I recommend 2 if you can

What antifoam are you running? And yea right now I only have one 2000w element, I could probably go with a 220v 5000w+ element.

• That 5000 W is a 23 amp element. Thats big in a single. Probably better off with 2 * 2400 w elements for better control and heat density etc. I only have a 50 l keg boiler and fill it to 45l ( no antifoam )and use 9200w over three elements for heat up and possibly strip but two elements for spirit - sorry irrelevant as you have a baby dragon where i have a 5"

• @GD50 said: That 5000 W is a 23 amp element. Thats big in a single. Probably better off with 2 * 2400 w elements for better control and heat density etc. I only have a 50 l keg boiler and fill it to 45l ( no antifoam )and use 9200w over three elements for heat up and possibly strip but two elements for spirit - sorry irrelevant as you have a baby dragon where i have a 5"

Are you using an off the shelf boiler?

• no = converted beer keg 50 l SS