Unusual Still

edited July 2017 in General

A mate of mine went to a small distillery here in Armenia and sent me this photo.
It looks like a simple potstill with an inline 3 stage carbon filter system. Interesting but I wouldnt drink it.

image.jpg
600 x 800 - 142K

Comments

• Not sure what the 3rd one is .... Kieselghur ???

• edited July 2017

I think the last one is some kind of cotton filter to filter the carbon. I prefer StillDragon gear myself.

• edited July 2017

Odd combination.

The railings are awesome though.

• It certainly has a steampunk feeling to it.

Drinking? That would heavily depend on what's being run and how they're making the cuts...

• edited July 2017

Cuts, how do you do cuts?

The way it's configured, it looks like they just run everything through the contraption.

The smearing in the canisters would be astronomical. I could see how a heads cut would be made, but what do you do on a tails cut?

Or maybe, just no cuts. Someone brought me back some plum brandy from eastern europe a few months back. Was absolutely awful, no cuts at all. It was like drinking a stripping run. They were enamored with it. All I could think was "are you drinking the same thing I'm drinking?"

• Parrot and the filtering seems disconnect-able. Looking at it, I would do a strip with the fleet set-up and then spirit run collecting straight from parrot