At last!

I would like to show you my new 5,57 kW immersion heaters. A tip to everyone in Europe who wants to go pro. £380 per heater. Quite reasonable price I think.

Just waiting for them to be installed by my electrician. Unfortunately the openings on the boiler are slightly narrow so the heaters will not go all the way in. I have to let a factory make 2 inches long distances which I intend to tri-clamp to the boilers flange. That is the cold area on the heater anyway so it does not matter much.

I would also give you a sneaky peek of my newest bottle design. Soon it will contain my lovely hoppy red ale :)

Cheers!

1.jpg
800 x 450 - 174K
2.jpg
450 x 800 - 44K
3.jpg
800 x 800 - 29K

Comments

• edited June 2017

That bottle any resemblance and are you a flaming redhead ? What are they 3 phase 5.57Kw units. I am happy you consider them reasonable as they seem expensive to me but all is relative. Why do you consider that the cold area as i would have thought by design they would be even across the length.

You doing beer and spirits -great - go for it and so glad to see you are closer.

• I use to color my hair flaming red sometimes ;) But no, this is a creature from our Nordic mythology. The lady use to lure men in to the woods. Having sex with them and stealing their souls afterwards. In some parts of Scandinavia she has a very beautiful face and body, but her back is hollow and looks like a tree trunk.

Heater.jpg
    800 x 349 - 22K
  • I forgot. The heaters are 3 phase 400 V units.

• @MotherOfDragon said: But no, this is a creature from our Nordic mythology. The lady use to lure men in to the woods. Having sex with them and stealing their souls afterwards.

So, basically, a woman? :))

(runs, hides)

• Ha ha... I knew someone should say that :D

• Lol

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited June 2017

They must have stretched the ni chrome core on those heaters to give a longer inactive length. Lucky for you. They do that to a certain extent normally to give a colder junction but not normally that much. Might be wrong there. I have reterminated many but but only repotted and sealed existing heaters. Also done a fair bit of pyro MIMS cable which is similar but not for heaters only cable in extreme locations.