StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

What a Great Resource

This forum is a fantastic resource for a newbie like me, I have now spent many hours reading and learnt more than I though possible. This coupled with the great customer service has made the start of my journey very enjoyable.

Now up and running, still a few tweaks required and still a lot to learn, but managed 93% ABV yesterday. A bit more playing around and then on to trying to develop a decent gin recipe!

Bob

image.jpg
600 x 800 - 63K

Comments

• Nice Kitchen - those AGA cookers are a mega status symbol for the wealthy here in the US, they sell for as much as a car on this side of the pond.

• good stuff ardoyne.

nothing wrong with 93%

Do you have any packing between the crystal & the dephleg? If not, try adding some new well cleaned stainless steel scrubbies (run em through the dishwasher a few times to get all machine oil off them before using). That will help push your ABV up if that's your goal.

• ah! What a kitchen - and the flooring...want to see more of the house! Nice still too ;)

Try a blanket as insulation around the boiler.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• @grim said: Nice Kitchen - those AGA cookers are a mega status symbol for the wealthy here in the US, they sell for as much as a car on this side of the pond.

Maybe should look at a new business venture!

@crozdog said:

Do you have any packing between the crystal & the dephleg? If not, try adding some new well cleaned stainless steel scrubbies (run em through the dishwasher a few times to get all machine oil off them before using). That will help push your ABV up if that's your goal.

Copper mesh in the column.

@Sunshine said: ah! What a kitchen - and the flooring...want to see more of the house! Nice still too ;)

Try a blanket as insulation around the boiler.

I'll try that.

Bob

• Looking great! :)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Good stuff mate. I would certainly look at bracing that unit to prevent it falling. I know how unstable they are on that small boiler.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited February 2017

@punkin said: Good stuff mate. I would certainly look at bracing that unit to prevent it falling. I know how unstable they are on that small boiler.

Yes, it is a bit unstable. Just a bit of experimentation just now, once I get it moved outside permanently to the shed I'll get it braced. Alternatively, I could just get a bigger boiler ;)