StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Order for new Still - Have I included everything ?

Hi All

So I want the still to be a pot still for ripping runs and poteen and a reflux column for the vodka. I need a complete working ready to go setup so want to make sure I'm not missing any pipes, connectors, gaskets before I order etc etc.

I'd like to add a probe to both the boiler and top of the column to measure temps.

Here is my shopping list so far:

• 1 x 50L milk can with stand
  • 1 x spare gasket for above
  • 1 x 4" crystal dragon
  • 3 x 4" bubble sections (what is the difference between the cheap one and the expensive one ?)
  • 1 x DIY power controller kit

cant find but need

• immersion heater mount shielded element to prevent scorching if poss
  • whatever clamps / spare gaskets are needed
  • pot still arm to replace the dragon
  • temp probe sockets for milk can and dephlag
  • cooling setup pipes/clamps

thanks !

Comments

• Hi BigVodka, you can let me have a look on to your shopping cart and I will check it out for any missing parts or if anything is not necessary. Just drop me an e-mail with your account details. :)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Do you intend to make a vodka with your 3 plate crystal dragon?

3 plates will make an excellent whisky or rum but not so much a vodka. You would have to either add a lot more plates, run it through 3 plates 3 times (minimum) or run a hybrid setup (cheapest option) using a packed section in line with your plates. There is some information about hybrid setup in the operation manual at the top of the forums main page

• @BigVodka - Propably best to get in touch with your local distributor to check for completeness ( @Sunshine already offered). However, if you're going for Vodka, you should think about going with much much more plates. Read through the forum here and you'll see plenty of trial & error, but everything's pointing towards more plates = better.

• @Unsensibel said: BigVodka - Propably best to get in touch with your local distributor to check for completeness ( Sunshine already offered). However, if you're going for Vodka, you should think about going with much much more plates. Read through the forum here and you'll see plenty of trial & error, but everything's pointing towards more plates = better.

100%

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• thanks for the replies. Height is going to be the limiting factor, I have 2.2m to play with. including the boiler, stand and pipework how many plate sections can I fit ?

• How many plates do you recommend. I'm running 6 of the pro cap