My Stab At An Inline Thumper

edited February 2017 in General

Vapor tube

down tube / difusser

Body, p-trap, and overflow

The whole thing

This is my stab at what I believe Larry did in the past. It was fun. Have to get it cleaned up and try it out.

The 12' spool above the thumper holds a retaining ring on which a copper screen will sit allowing me to fill this with copper scrubbers or what not. Never used a thumper or even seen one used, so.

Do's, do not's, comments, Thanks!

1.jpg
600 x 800 - 72K
2.jpg
600 x 800 - 72K
3.jpg
600 x 800 - 74K
4.jpg
600 x 800 - 77K

Comments

• Have no idea what your results will be but looks like damn good fab work.

• Thanks FC. It was kinda slow figuring how I wanted to do it. Polishing is time consuming. The pot and thumper were used kegs either bought or donated. Scuffed up pretty bad. The thumper was a 5 gal sanke that I cut the rings off for looks and welded 4" ferrules to. Did a vinegar run and it was neat to hear that thing come online. Put a gallon in the thumper and took out maybe 5 quarts. I think the smartest thing I did to it was to put casters on it. Have a 1" drain on the bottom of the pot and a 1/2" drain on the bottom of the thumper that I can drain into the pot via the fill port. May put a drain in the bottom of the p-trap.

When I have more time after I run it a bit I will add a 4" sight glass in the thumper for shits and grins. And a fill port on the thumper. My idea is that if I want wash in the thumper I can let it heat in the pot and when it gets close to temp I can drain a gallon or so and add to thumper with the idea it will speed heating time a bit. We'll see.

A couple if pictures look like things are out of level. This is not the case. The only thing not level is the totally over built shotgun. It's just heavy as can be. Some day I will build a smaller one.

• Hi Pa_bon,

Thank you for sharing.

Your build looks very well executed. Far more nicely put together than my effort.

A sight glass on the thumper's max liquid level line would be helpful.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Smaug, thanks. What do you think about heating wash in pot prior to adding to thumper? Do you see any time savings?

• Nice work mate. Sweet looking machine you have built up there.

• @Pa_bon said: Smaug, thanks. What do you think about heating wash in pot prior to adding to thumper? Do you see any time savings?

Not really for an outfit this small.

If you were trying to work out some design details on this system in order to make a much larger system more user friendly then I would say there are several ways to charge the thumper that come to mind.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Dude. You built a sexy lady on roller skates!!

• Sexy lady on roller skates! I like that! Thanks man.