StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Trips and people you met along the way

Well have sometime,it may lengthy but hell I was gone a week! And if ya read it some where else ignore it!

Left last Sat morning to take granddaughter back home to Tenn,drove to Indianapolis to stay the night at a hotel with a indoor water park(thanks on suggestion from Sugarcreek)for granddaughter and wife to play and have some fun before she went home,and I to meet up with a fellow hobbyist,as you know by now it was Sugarcreek,later in the evening Sugarcreek came to hotel and picked me up and we ended up a local pub he knew of that served micro brews,we ended up having a couple of very good beers doing some Q&A and BSing he had to carry on with his life stuff,so he dropped me at hotel,I gave him a couple bottles of product and on ward from there,Sugar is very pleasant and educated fellow glad I had the chance to shake hands and chat!

Sun, am on the road to Tenn dropped granddaughter off at home and spent the night at my daughters house,played in the pool for a couple hrs with 4 of my granddaughters,and the next morning I realized when I woke the next am that kids can beat the hell out of an almost 50 yr old really quick,just playing! Damn I was sore.

Mon,am headed west to Little Rock Arkansas,nice driving,the car developed a spark knock,so I pulled into a truck stop to fill up on higher octane gas as I turned into the parking lot the front end of car dropped and we came to a stop ASAP,checked it out and we lost the lower ball joint on the left side,tried to find someone to fix it,no chance in hell,so as I am in the truck stop the wife found this kid taking out garbage for one of the restaurants,kid comes over and sez "hey you lost the ball joint,my Pa can fix that" so 4 hrs later we are cruising down the highway! Who said there are no good people anymore,he even went to get the part! So we are late getting to Little Rock,where I was to meet up with Fullysilenced so I called him and told what time we were arrive, but lo and behold we where unloading the car to go into the hotel and wife said"feels good to get out of the car" and this fella next car said" and not at a truck stop,damn if he did not pull in at the same time! It was great meeting FS after talking on the ph for almost a yr,so we sat in hotel until about 2:00 am chatting and sampling,which led to a long day for FS and his Doctor's app Tues,I did call FS and let him know were staying a xtra day in Little Rock so I could get a tire replaced as it had cut in the sidewall,by the time he received my message he was already 1/2 way home.Damn!

Tues, found a tire could not get replaced until Wed. morning so no yank we kept busy sleeping and went to Rock Town distillery,and ate at a awesome BBQ shack,the distillery tour was short but had some of the best micro spirits I have tasted so far,we sampled,Corn vodka,Wheat vodka,Gin,a young bourbon style whiskey,smoked wheat whiskey,white whiskey,white rum,a hot whiskey(cinnamon) and their applepie,to be honest I liked the wheat vodka best!

Wed,tire replaced on the road going North, Kansas City bound,made the hotel no issues checked in and made a Ph call,about 45 minutes later PrairiePiss shows up,so setting in room sampling and chatting(bullshitting),PP makes a very good Mint drink and a UJ/wheat aged on sugar maple very drinkable and smooth, it was a very good visit!

Thurs.Pack up head home,arrive at 4:30 am Friday adventure done( for this year) all told we did about 2300 miles/3700 kilometers,fun had by wife and I!

I just want to give a hard felt thanks to Sugarcreek Fullysilenced PrairiePiss For giving me the chance to meet and having the trust in me to do so! Cheers fellas
If I may add anyone gets a chance to meet one another jump at the chance,its great for your self,the other party and our hobby :-c

It is what you make it!

Comments