StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

80A 415V - How would you max it out?

Interested on all ya'll opinion on what layout / system/ do's & don'ts are suggested to max out Strip & Spirit system on 415V 80A supply.

I am thinking ~60A for Heating, ~10A for Controls, ~10A for Glycol chiller - close loop Condensor/s.

Oil Jacket VS BM VS Immersion elements.

Certainly open to a Continuous Beer Stripper also...

Additional 240v single phase is standard & available for aux use - lights, pc, alarms etc etc

Comments

• I think the answer will depend on what size you're looking for and operation pattern?

Oil jacket is a sub-set of BM IMO

Immersion elements will limit what you can process. So question is what you're planning on producing

• edited February 2017

25kw doesn't give you much headroom to go above 380l. 4kw on the chiller is going to need a decent sized reservoir.

• Was thinking Dual 380L boilers - yes oil/ thermal HX is my track so far..

I understand there is issues in currently in Aus for BM boilers?

Not overly excited re direct element & scorch risk so exploring options.

Any more input/ feedback is appreciated.

• That will be around 40kw of heating. Around 40 minutes ( not taking into account BM losses ) to heat 380 l or have i got it wrong ?

• Potential to Strip ~760L or do 380L Low wine etc per day on the 80A.

Spread the elements to maximize heating per volume & thus output speed.

Hard, fast & volume, no messing around.. There appears to be BM issues in Australia with various standards.

Market demand is no concern - time to get show on the road.

Comments/ feedback appreciated.

• I had thought I'd solve the production problem by using a continuous stripping column with a spare small boiler then just feeding the main boiler with low wines. lower power input, less expense, smaller footprint and faster run times.

• The boiler designs are not registered under Australian standards as there are so many variations and it is expensive to register a design on each possible variation.

You need to do your own research as to whether that is a problem in your individual situation.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• What are you making?

• Grape & Fruit wine stripping then moving into AG & Molasses..

Not overly keen on direct elements rather BM or jacketed tanks.

• Who are the AU referrals for Custom 415v Flange insert elements..?

Any input greatly appreciated.

• edited February 2017

Try Romar Elements. Top bloke for custom elements.

• @Ryno is using Romar and has good things to say. Another customer is using Wattco (also in SA) and has good things to say as well.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Helios Electroheat - Adelaide for some shapes and Melbourne for longer freezer heater bars so either. Used them heaps for unobtainable freezer defrost elements and they have been first class. Not bad prices either . You describe it they will make it.

• Just read the Romar info and he seems onto it as per @punkin

• Romar crew are on the job,, looking the goods so far.

• Thats a pretty fantastic resource.

• Does anyone pre-heat their wash through RIMS/ HERMS/ HX etc other then loading into boiler overnight ready for the next morning?

If so - how & what do you use?

Cheers