Getting it clean

edited July 2013 in Usage

It's a bit unclear...I know I can put my stainless components (including sight glass) into the dishwasher. Can I leave the threaded hose fittings/valves attached to my condensers? Or do I need to remove them before putting them in? I'm using 90/valves on output and standard 90s on input.

I rinsed the parts good after run...breaking everything down. But, they still have odor of "tails". Was thinking dishwasher would take care of it, but realized I how have all the fittings on and sealed up with PFTE tape.

Thanks!

Comments

• The quick disconects should allow you to take all the plumbing off leaving only the PC fittings left there mate. Shouldn't have to put the tubing or valves in, only the fittings that are screwed into your condensors.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I agree with Punkin. When I put my SD components into the dishwaser, I only use the "fast" cycle, and don't allow the heater to dry them (had a bad experience with tupperware on the lower basket).

You won't always remove some smells from the components in the dishwasher either - especially rum. They tend to linger for a while :-O

The next run usually sorts them out anyway.

• Thanks guys. My valves "are" the fittings on the output of the condensers. (I got the fitting 90 valves instead of the inline ones). Mainly was worried about the plastic on them. But, I did find the setting/button to turn the heater coil off on the dishwasher cycle. All my life, never had a dishwasher. Dishwasher was "me". So, having one now in my new place...taking some getting used to. But, I'm digging it :)