StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Why the Person Who Cooks Should Also Do the Dishes

Why the Person Who Cooks Should Also Do the Dishes @ Lifehacker

Doing things this way ensures that whoever cooks is held responsible for not making a huge mess, which actually minimizes cleanup time and ensures that it gets done. If you know that someone else is handling the dishes, you’re less motivated to clean as you go and use as few dishes as possible.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

Tagged:

Comments

• edited November 2016

My keen eye and razor sharp intellect have identified this as a completely trick question.

If you cook, you should do the dishes.

If your significant other cooks, you should do the dishes.

See, this makes much more sense.

• edited November 2016

I dont have to, but I am not allowed to wash the dishes, do ironing or do any cleaning at all in the house. But thats what happens when you marry an Argentine woman. When our kids were young I was not expected to change # 2s either. I did but not a lot.

• @DonMateo said: I dont have to, but I am not allowed to wash the dishes, do ironing or do any cleaning at all in the house. But thats what happens when you marry an Argentine woman. When our kids were young I was not expected to change # 2s either. I did but not a lot.

My other is an aussie woman, but the rules are the same. I cook but am expected to do nothing else in the house except pick up after myself.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• You gents better watch overhead this evening, I suspect the US has issued drone strikes on you.

• The cook shouldn't have to clean,no matter how much mess they make,that's what my better half thinks. We both work full time and share the rest of the chores.

• I reckon me and Punkin deserve it. And lots of other blokes on this board too.

• edited November 2016

I'm pretty picky about how my knives and pans and cutting boards are cleaned, so I always clean, and dry those by hand right away. The rest is no big ting bruddah. Automatic dishwashers rock!

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• my missus cannot cook a whit - She can burn water - The house smells like burnt cheese powder for days when she attempts mac&Cheese...And she knows it - Hence, I have always been our cook. She feels that whomever cooks should not have the duty of cleanup (Thank God she grew up helping her Mom wash for 6 kids)

And, she absolutely prohibits anyone from loading her dishwasher, or washing machine. Crossing that red line yields hours of menopausal based rebuke...

Hobby Distillers Association Member - Join us today!

The only sillae question is the one you don't ask folks...

• I have an automatic dishwasher too. She also looks pretty good in lace.

• Mine has the special - helmet polishing cycle...

• Mine cooks great...but yeah the kitchen looks like a bomb went off when she's done...Nothing I can really do about it.....I am a powerless door mat.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• ha ha ha. The quiet desperation of being a father and husband. Married men live longer but a more willing to die.
    I am an ATM for my family. But after cuddling my kids I am OK with it.

• My kids are getting big and ugly now,,,,and me too. So they don't snuggle any more. And because they stink now,,,I'm not so sure I want them snuggling on me lol.

• How did the mask you bought your son in Old Town go over? @Smaug

• @Kapea said: How did the mask you bought your son in Old Town go over? Smaug

He got a big kick out of it. He likes his wrastling...

• edited November 2016

@Smaug said: He got a big kick out of it. He likes his wrastling...

My son just made Eagle Scout.
    But it still takes an act of Congress to get him to load the dishwasher. Kids...

• @Kapea said: My son just made Eagle Scout. But it still takes an act of Congress to get him to load the dishwasher. Kids...

Huge accomplishment there. Congrats on raising a good kid.

• Second that! (you can work on the dishwasher later)

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• Yes I have to agree. My oldest lad is about to be deployed overseas with Australian army in the coming weeks but he still finds it hard to put things away or do the dishes. Ya gotta love em.

• edited November 2016

My son and I went camping over the weekend. Very remote and primitive campsite about 7000ft. up in the saddle between two 14,000ft. high mountains. Last night I cooked dinner over the campfire and he took KP. It was a very tasty dinner. Right after dinner the clouds and wind rolled in. 38F and 10 mph winds. It was wet and very cold.

He said, "A deal's a deal," got up and started cleaning up the pans and dishes, no whining nor complaining.
    I said, "Who are you, and what have you done with my son?" As I grabbed a towel and helped clean up.
    I guess there's hope after all...

You only have them for so long. Enjoy the time while you can.

• @Kapea Nice,those are the best times one on one with your kids.