Combined Pressure and Vacuum Release Valve?

Hi All,

I recently purchased a bain marie pressurised jacketed boiler via SD AU and it come with a pressure release valve but no vacuum release valve. I’m wondering if the valve supplied does both. I have contacted the distributor but am yet to hear back. Unfortunately my valve has no markings on it what so ever.

Please see a picture of my valve below.

All the googling I have done (for items that look identical/similar) are combined pressure and vacuum release values.

Can anyone tell me if mine is a combined or how I can tell if it’s a combined valve?

1.jpg
600 x 800 - 62K
2.jpg
557 x 800 - 65K

Comments

• I'm emailing the factory to find out mate, i was away for the weekend so didn't answer you last night.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• No problems Garry. I figured you were away from your emails for a day or so. Figured I'd throw it up here for anyone else to chime in.

• edited October 2016

I did not prior realise it BUT it is a combined unit

pressure cum vaccum relif valve.jpg
    601 x 800 - 60K
  • Yes, factory has said;

The PRV valve full name is Pressure and Vacuum Release Valve. Eg: 0.5Bar PRV the rating will be : -0.02bar~0bar ( Vacuum release) ; 0bar~0.5bar( pressure release)

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Does the one in the picture have the double spring, double plunger arrangement?
    -0.02bar means you should be able to easily push the inner plunger from the other end of the valve stem through that square hole with only a few 100g of force.

• Many thanks for the responses guys. I used a screw driver to press through the square hole and it opens very easily, great suggestion just to get a practical assurance :)

• Keep in mind that you can change the pressure of relief on those valves by tightening or loosening the top cap with the square hole in it. It looks like yours is all the way down, so before you rely on that as a safety mechanism, I would hook it up to some kind of gas regulator to make sure the breaking pressure the right PSI for your needs.

• Thanks @brewsmith, that makes sense. Once my boiler is setup I should be able to test and calibrate this using a PSI gauge which I will have also permanently attached.