StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Hurricane Matthew

This is OT. But i hope all you guys in Florida and the eastern seaboard stay safe when Matthew hits.

Tagged:

Comments

• No joke, be safe guys

• Thanks. I'm in the middle of the state so it's not going to be as bad for me but Smaug is going to be facing this thing directly. Be safe Larry

• Yep looking pretty bad at this stage, 140 dead already lets hope there's no more.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited October 2016

This one is serious guys. Cat 4 onshore or near-shore for the whole length of Florida's east coast. NHC is projecting 11' storm surge. Scary shit! Get out of the way. Shelter in place is not an option if you are within 10 miles of the coast.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Praying for everyone on the Florida coast.

The storm surge forecasts they are talking about on TWC are catastrophic.

• or have really really good scuba gear

• A lotta lead in the 1000l boiler and leave a 16 plate stack on without the plates for a snorkel and you should be sweet in there.

Good luck guys.

• All clear at the Taylor house. Just doing a role call now for the rest of the SDNA crew.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Yeah, damn, was watching last night and this morning.

How's it looking down there? Seems to be a near miss.

• So far the news is struggling to sort of justify their existence. They are attempting to show damage and have yet to see one tree limb in the road.....

It's early yet. Let's see what they can dig up.

• edited October 2016

I expect to see a reporter standing in a parking lot puddle soon.

• During The Francis & Jeanne season it took two days to get all of the tree limbs out of the pool. And another two weeks to get the remainder of the yard picked up with over 100 trees on my lot.

After Wilma I lost about 7 squares of singles from my roof.

Mathew seemingly was only able to push over my son's basketball hoop,,,,as far as I can tell....

• Glad to hear that all is well. If that storm was/is 50 miles to the West the devastation would have been immense. The state is so far dodging a bullet. Here in Central Florida we are having winds and rain right now with gusts of 20mph according to my farm weather station. Nothing that we don't see with a bad thunder storm. EXTREMELY thankful that we were spared.

@Smaug said: I expect to see a reporter standing in a parking lot puddle soon.

I'm sure that in the northern parts of the coast they will have plenty to cover. Hurricane force winds are hitting around Melbourne right now. Cape Canaveral has had gusts of 107 mph.

• Really though, dodged a bullet. As of late yesterday afternoon, Matthew had you right in his crosshairs, literally. You guys were in the most probable track, and it was tracking to be easily high Cat 4.

For whatever reason, he drank a lot of dry air, and managed to stay far enough off-shore.

But I don't think the north coast is out of the woods just yet.

• talked to a distiller having it really hard there in florida....

the storm has effected him severely wind and rain is having its effect...

he can't go borrow his neighbors heavy drill so he is grinding corn by hand... poor guy.... damn storm :)

• edited October 2016

Agreed. Seemed to take a direct pivot more directly North around the 5 o'clock update. If it had warbled back to the West at all it could have been a much different outcome for us.

• edited October 2016

Looks like the west eyewall passed right over KSC. I think there will be much more damage in north Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. It's still going on right now. I also think NOAA is being less than truthful about the central winds velocities.

NASA Kennedy Space Center

• edited October 2016

Check some of the reports out of the Bahamas, if he raked the whole coast with that kind of ferocity, the damage would be in the double digit billions.

Haiti will see 1000+ fatalities.

• Probably a lot more after the cholera hits....

• Time For The

Maybe Something Like

Or

Be Safe!

bunker.jpg
    800 x 448 - 70K
    tit.jpg
    800 x 600 - 47K
    tat.jpg
    800 x 395 - 74K

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Yeah, that will work out well for protecting you from storm surge.

• Underground swimming pool

• Polish submarine?

• Water table would pop it out of the ground like a champagne cork here where I am.