StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Hello

G'Day all,

New to the SD community, not new to the distilling scene. I have been distilling for 10 odd years now started with an AirStill then moved to a HBS reflux still on a 20L boiler then brought a 30L Turbo boiler with a BlackMaximus reflux, have been using that for sometime now as well as a pot still, So then went to the next natural progression of a SD 4" Dash 2 after visiting @Punkin on Friday. 90% of the way through setup. Just need to be plumbed in and wired up. Hopefully will be getting done this week.

Comments

• edited October 2016

Here is a pic of the setup thus far.

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 56K
  • edited October 2016

Welcome mate and very nice to meet you two on Friday.

The unit looks fantastic, love the look of those stock boilers with the glass manways and the satin band round the middle., Bet you're sick of doing up allen screws on sight glasses. :))

PrideOfPlaceInTheLoungeRoomPunkin

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: Welcome mate and very nice to meet you two on Friday.

The unit looks fantastic, love the look of those stock boilers with the glass manways and the satin band round the middle., Bet you're sick of doing up allen screws on sight glasses. :))

PrideOfPlaceInTheLoungeRoomPunkin

It's in the dinning room off the kitchen.

• Hi @Strike that's a great system. I love the new boilers. What size elements are you going to run? Also, just wondering if the eye chart on the wall is to be used while taste testing or making cuts? :)

• Welcome @strike wow it looks like a great upgrade from your old system.

You will find the Stilldragon community a great bunch of helpful people who have a passion for there craft. Best wishes.

• Looking good @strike. Welcome to SD.

Hope to see some more pics as you get it setup and start running it

• @yurgle said: Hi Strike that's a great system. I love the new boilers. What size elements are you going to run? Also, just wondering if the eye chart on the wall is to be used while taste testing or making cuts? :)

@yurgle: 2 x 2400 1 x 3600. As the eye chart, no idea. Came home from work one day and my girlfriend had put it up, apparently something to do with strengthening eyes.

• If your girlfriend doesnt mind you distilling then she is a keeper.

images.jpeg
    197 x 255 - 7K
  • That is one nice looking rig. Really nice when you can do a run and just sit back and enjoy the bling! Welcome.

• Noyce!

Your not fooling around.

And welcome.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America