Hanjin Bankruptcy

edited September 2016 in Distillers Pub

Has the Hanjin bankruptcy had any effect on StillDragon shipping out of China? From what I understand, a lot of freight on the ocean in Hanjin ships is in limbo.

While a Korean shipping company does not directly affect my business, the loss of the 7th largest ocean freight company has a cascading effect across all ocean freight in the Pacific basin. Scheduling delivery times is becoming difficult now. That fucks up all scheduling downstream from that.

It's always something. I guess if it were easy everybody would be doing it.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

Comments

• Box prices into Australia went up $200 straight away - I know that much!

• At the moment not an issue but as always,,,prepping for CNY can be hectic. Now that there are less shippers available to handle the forthcoming seasonal rush, I expect that we will feel some kind of ripple sooner or later.

If I were smart, I'd reach out and get an update from our shipping partners.....

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited September 2016

This from our shipping company:

Larry, the effect is already in motion. Due to this, capacity is now tighter and as a result rates are moving higher. For us Hanjin was a bottom tier carrier so we didn’t move a lot of cargo with them. In that sense we are still good but the effect on rates affects everyone. As long as you are able to plan ahead you should be good.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America