Back to Distilling

Dear new friends.

I made some pretty descent vodkas back in my early 20's, at least my shitfaced friends told me so. But I lost my momentum and focused more on legal (thus more social) activities, like brewing beer, chasing girls, cutting my hair and getting a job. Years went by and now I'm married. The brew went commercial. My engineering job grew dull. And I enjoy, more than ever, spending time alone in the shed.

I'm now coming back to distilling, starting from scratch with fresh ideas and a new, modular rig.

So after years of lurking the foras, being amazed by your skills, knowledge, humor, temper and all that other good stuff, my goal is to eventually being able to repay and give something back. Something of value.

But first I guess I have to stand in line, f*ck something up and live to tell about it. Yeah, I'm a scandinavian, so there should be plenty of opportunities.

Skål,
Strong

"A hole in the head does not equal an open mind". -Strong

Comments

• And I have to tell you, Mike, from the EU shop, thanks alot for your excellent support and customer service all the way. Hails goes also to the eminent Moonshine, helping me out while I f*ckin up the bit's n' bytes of the interwebs. Thanks, guys.

Ok, will be minding my language and moderate a bit while the entusiasm is getting equalized, you know, for the children on the forum and all that good shit. Stuff.

Regards, Strong

• Always good to have another Scandihooligan in the group...

Skål.

• Welcome @Still_Going_Strong, go strong, and may the Dragon be with you :)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Thank you for the strong welcome, good Sirs.

• welcome!

Perhaps you find some time to post some nice pics of your still - it is always interesting to see, what people build with StillDragon equipment.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Welcome! Nice to see another Scandinavian here :) Where are you situated? I am starting up a distillery in Sweden and the main product is intended to be rum.

Skål! And good luck to you!

• All!

First off, please accept my apologizes for not responding before now. As we Scandihooligans know, the summer months (or weeks) are sacred. But winter is coming and we need to keep warm by all means possible. So time is due for prepping. The first wash will soon touch FG. And may the dragon be kind to it - it's been going slow but steady for 17 days now.

Sunshine!

Nice to get comments from an affiliate to the SD dist. of Europe (& the surrounding area - as mine)! Thanks a lot for the great support from you. Pics will come, I totally get your p.o.w. and will follow up on that. First the setup will have to be finished, but virgin run is soon due. Please accept my apologizes if time drags out a bit. Other factors to consider. But when pictures are ready to be shot, I'll do my best to make them nice :).

Mother!

First i have to thank you for great posts. I've been following your project with great interest from the very beginning. Rum is also something i wish to explore so I'll follow your threads. Not quite comfortable with pinpointing my exact location at the moment, but being on the west side of your country's border I'll hopefully come visiting someday when all is up and running from your side :).

All the best, and best of luck with your projects!

-Strong

• I wish you all the luck and I do hope that you come and visit me someday. It is not a secret where I am. Maybe you already figured it out in my posts :-)

I got access to my building late in July and working like a busy bee to get it refurbished before the ending of this year. Unfortunately my vacation is over tomorrow and I start working at my ordinary day job. Yesterday I posted my application to Skatteverket (The National Tax Board) hoping for a quick processing time.

I am on Facebook if you want to follow me there and even on Twitter nowadays.

Cheers!

Petronella

2016-08-14 16.11.26.jpg
    800 x 450 - 109K
  • ah, you still have a lot to do! But remember, it is like decorating the house: once it is done, the most fun part is over ;)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Good luck to you all. Still going strong and Mother of dragon.