What happened to Boston Apothecary?

edited June 2016 in General

Does anyone know why bostonapothecary.com is gone? There was so much good stuff on that site and I used to check it every couple of weeks. Was he sick of giving up awesome info for free?

Comments

• edited June 2016

Boston Apothecary @ Internet Archive Wayback Machine

At least a couple pages can be accessed...

• Glad to hear it, it's a great resource.

• I went on to this site yesterday's and saw the champagne bottle soda making chuck. This looks great.

I tried to go back on today but site is blocked again. Anyone know where to get a the champers bottle chuck for making soda water?

I have all the rest of the gear and currently make it in pet bottles but like the idea of gassing up to 70 psi or there abouts. Also how high you can take a pet bottle? The only problem I see with using a champers bottle is resealing would be difficult but the bottle strength would allow the higher pressure.

@0xADADA can you help?

• edited August 2016

How Much Pressure Can a Two Liter Bottle Handle?

Seems there's a lot of people using these bottles for rockets so there's a fair bit of data out there.

Consensus seems to say that the bottles will start failing at room temperature around 150 psi, lower if they are damaged or oft used.
    We use the stainless CO2 caps and reuse the bottles over and over. My dual regulator has the early outlet screwed down as high as the regulator will go (never looked at the actual pressure) we gas 3/4 full cold water by shaking as it gases for a minute or so. Never had a problem and it is much higher than standard gas levels in soda.

One of the links i read said the champers bottles are marginally higher burst point than a 2l bottle. Trouble is for the marginal increase the risk goes up exponentially. Reading also suggests that the smaller the bottle the higher the pressure it will take with the 1.25's that we use not failing till 175 psi or so.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Pet it is then in 1.25 and go to 70 or as you say the reg might not go that high.

Thanks punk

Just looked and the reg goes to 100 psi so might go to 80. Do you just leave the ss caps on or change back to a regular cap and if so does it drop much gas out of solution.

• edited August 2016

I bought half a dozen of the stainless caps from Kegking for her mate. Handy to have the soda to mix with cordial too for soft drinks for the kids and I. I mostly use the Soda Stream cordial, but the Buderim Ginger is pretty good too.

The new ones look real handy for cleaning taps and lines too.

Carbonation & Line Cleaning & Counter Pressure Filler Cap @ Keg King AU

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Buderim Ginger and elderflower cordial from Tasmania is great if not a little expensive. I am working aboriginal remote so no grog so hanging for adult cordials.

You know your stuff punkin. Gassed a bottle to 80 just before and all good. Will test tonight. Another nice drink is Sin-Ko-na cordial like bitters or a strong tonic and Ozzie made from the bark they make quinine or tonic water from. ONLY BITTERS in Ozzie is a good source of strange stuff. The kegking fittings are great and just got 4 also.