StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

What should my Distillers Diary contain?

I was intrigued by the discussion here regarding the use of the spreadsheet. It made me think of the things I should take note of (and the fact that I SHOULD KEEP NOTES) when making product. I was hoping someone my have suggestions for the level of detail they could share that the go into. TIA

Comments

• Have a look in the Dash manual at the top of the page. At the end there is some handy record templates for your washes and runs that @crozdog has supplied us with.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Whatever it takes to repeat your successes and avoid repeating mistakes.

Keep in mind that notes in the wrong hands can be evidence.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• While visiting a swank distillery last year in Kentucky, I happened to glance at the master distillers note book when the tour event was winding down.

It was kinda comical. Very little organization, terrible hand writing, etc...Kinda how mine would probably be.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Kind of like grandma making supper - what recipe? But always 5 stars.

• @kapea +1 That was my main concern who could find it so write it in a way only you can understand. There only notes to jog ones memory

• Well I might keep it on a USB and bury it in the back yard when I don't need it ;)

j/k I have zero interest in selling. This is pure hobby time. I have an analytical chemistry background and never had a chance to work with distillation before now. That, and my ADHD necessitate me keeping a journal LOL.

Apart from the recipe, temps, time and the typical elements there is also the "grandma's recipe" aspect that I hope to hone.